Bruce Dickinson is the Coolest Person in the World.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously.

He's a rock star (lead singer of Iron Maiden), a Commercially rated pilot (flies Boeing 757's for Astraes Airlines), an author, songwriter, fencer, Radio Show host AND a TV Show host.

[YOUTUBE]IKBABNL-DDM[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, and he got to purposefully try and stall an Airbus A320 over the Pyrenees to demonstrate its fly-by-wire technology.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]MXLizNLnHec[/YOUTUBE]

And he saves stranded travelers.

The guy is worth an absolute mega fortune and he's doing this!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Yeah, he's cool as shit. I used to love Maiden back in day.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, Maiden are the shit. I knew he was a pilot but I didn't know he was commercially rated and I was even more surprised to find that he actually flies passengers around the world for an airline since he clearly doesn't need the money and does it solely for his love of aviation. There is a big difference between having a private pilot licence and being rated to fly passenger jets.

I've been watching his series on discovery "Flying Heavy Metal" which you can find on Youtube and is awesome.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I knew about him being a pilot. I saw some Metal thing a couple of years ago that showed him flying the band's plane around the world for their various gigs. If I recall, they have their own 757, and it has the Maiden logo and Eddy on it.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Yes indeed. He had it customized to take all the equipment and the band and staff on the same plane and he flies the thing and then performs.

As I said...COOLEST GUY EVER.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Has he met Natalie.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
He does come across as a joyful idiot. He was one of the main role models for spinal tap.

Having said all that clearly he is very cool, and has his heart in a better place than 99% of rock stars.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Absolutely. Bruce has a passion for something, whereas Bono has a giant pantload of undeserved self-importance. THE EDGE IS U2! Period.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I realllllly want to try and stall an A320 and have the fly-by-wire call me a fucking moron and ram TLA to TOGA and climb me out of certain death. Me: Jealous.

As for Bruce you'd think that having Ozzy Osbourne as a drinking buddy would mean he wouldn't even be able to get anywhere near the cockpit of an airplane.

Dedication!