Burn Notice Season 7: Michel's final instructional video for spies

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
So, season 7 is here, and it's gonna be the last season. I'm sad to see it go, but it has been lacking in the last two seasons. I'm hoping that they can finish it off with a flourish.

Anyone else gonna be watching?

I'll bet there will be lots of explosions and drunken witty remarks from Sam Axe.

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
The season that ended with Fiona turning herself over to the cops wasn't fun to watch... I think that was last year? I haven't seen it since. The first few seasons were a lot of fun though. Michael and Fi don't have much chemistry together, it was hard to get behind their great love affair which is what they focused on later... kind of blerg.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Well, the Rambo opening wasn't that impressive. The fight was a bit too RDJ Holmes-ish, mixed with fight club. The pacing sucked for the fact that one day he's actually portraying an alcoholic and the next, he's perfectly ok, with no DT's infiltrating (too easily) a high security building. And, yes, bomb-sniffing dogs DO know the difference between fertilizer and C4, because the main ingredients in fertilizer bombs is totally different than C4, which those dogs are specifically trained to smell.

Even though Mike and Fe didn't have the best chemistry, it seems unlikely that she'd all of a sudden be working with and dating a bounty hunter. It's not her style.

Mike's mom, even though she had been warned about a man snooping around for Mike's secrets immediately breaks and spills the beans when there's a sudden change in case workers and the new case worker is SO interested in his whereabouts? Give me a break. She's been tortured before when BOTH of her sons' lives were on the line and didn't crack as easily.

Seems like the writers are just phoning this one in.

Oh, isn't it funny how 1/4 brick of C4 makes a small bang, while the other 3/4 of the brick detonate an entire building!?

Another bomb loophole would be to just pull the claymore close to you and remove the blasting caps, which just COME RIGHT OUT. Free claymore and nobody in the neighborhood has to call in a bomb explosion, which take the cops A LONG time to get there while Sam and Jesse are ransacking a very careless spy's trash can, so neatly placed by his work station.

I'm not having much hope for this season.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
picture.php

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
They finally showed Fiona and Michael meeting for the first time. Not that I'm a fan of flashback stories. However, it tied in well with the ending. I think this is exactly what flashbacks should be used for. It's something the writers on Burn Notice haven't done much at all. I can't really think of an episode where they've done one.

It was also nice to hear Fiona using an Irish accent again. We hadn't heard it since the first season. Although I think her American accent is OK, I'd prefer if they had stuck to her British accent to begin with.

Watching Michael being crestfallen when he discovered Fiona was dating another guy finally gave Donovan the chance to show some sort of emotion other than anger or stoicism in the face of adversity.

Campbell's use as comedic relief was done really well.

Overall, much better than the previous show.

Still not really buying the whole bit about Michael's mom going all bonkers about her son being in danger. He's gone for 9 months and you JUST NOW start to want to know where he is after you spilled the beans like an amateur? Clumsy writing with lots of plot holes.