Camelot

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
The pros:

The cons:

Everything else.

Like I know it's only the second episode but they've taken some of the most interesting folklore England (well, France) has and just made it into 'generic sword fighting show #3'.

I know they want it all GRITTY AND REAL AND SEXY but I want Arthur fighting dragons while Merlin uses magic to fuck shit up. That's what I want.

Eva Green should go take her breasts out on a good show! Like True Blood!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
She definitely isn't a bad actress (I've seen her in lots of things.) She's by far the best actor in this, IMMHO.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well, it must be the writing and editing then. Everyone comes off a little STIFF and awkward. Every good actor has been in bad shows, cheesy commercials, or terrible movies.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'd just like to add that I had a dream about Eva Green's breasts and chocolate ice cream this morning.

CaptainWacky

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DREAM.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
You probably wouldn't believe me!

CaptainWacky

CHOCLATE ice cream...

CaptainWacky

Third episode was just really boring. The Morgan/Merlin scenes could have been intersting, but she just showed him her magic then let him go. What was the point? Arthur isn't likable at all, Guinevere wasn't naked in her sex scenes (so they replayed the dream sequence again)...what's the point REALLY.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
She should have showed her LARGE PALE BREASTS to Merlin instead.

CaptainWacky

EXACTLY.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Yeah, I didn't understand the point of Morgan keeping Merlin for a bit knowing he would eventually get out and not do anything about it. Weirdness.

CaptainWacky

She was busy with her owl.

Tisiphone

And the dude didn't think it was odd how Arthur just kept staring longingly at his bride-to-be/wife?

CaptainWacky

Why doesn't Arthur just say "I'M THE KING AND I DEMAND YOUR WIFE, MOTHERFUCKER"?

CaptainWacky

Oh, I forgot to bump this...episode four was a bit better. I mean there was actually a bit of a plot in the Merlin stuff at least. They are making magic have consequences and have a cost of using it, which is good kind of. Merlin and Arthur are still Robococks, Guinevere is dull and Morgan (because of the whole "magic has a price" thing) spent the whole episode writhing around in pain (with a nun for some reason.) I'll probably keep watching because I have nothing else to watch on a Saturday.

Tisiphone

I was at a chili cookoff Saturday and my friend Sam was telling me I should give it another go, but wait until Game of Thrones is over then start on Camelot. He watched both and realized that all he would be doing is comparing the two, so he opted for Camelot first since he hasn't read the Martin books.

I dunno, though. What I've seen of the episodes are just so blah, but he told me to stick with it and it will flesh out. He's also obsessed with The Borgias. Anyone watching that?

CaptainWacky

I'm still watching Camelot because I need tv shows to watch to fill my life. It's not great, the episodes usually feel too long and somewhat empty. It has gotten a bit better and Eve Green is always fun (and sometimes naked.) The latest episode was probably the best one they've done (strangely Eva Green wasn't in it at all but Claire Forlani did a good job playing the same character body-swapped.) But I can't really recommend it to real people.

CaptainWacky

And not as much fun. And there are plenty of other ways to see Eva Green naked.