captain wacky? is that you?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I would IMAGINE they have automated face-blurring software and that's why the faces are blurred in paintings and photos. I doubt there's someone manually going through every image deciding what to blur.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I wonder how they do that? It doesn't seem blurred out in all cases either. I've been over a large amount of Brighton on it, and seen several people they've failed to blur.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It must look for dots that could be eyes, and if those dots have a mouth and nose under, then it blurs the area.

It even burred the red nose car magnet we have on our garage.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It gets even more rediculous. This is the side of the Prince Albert pub in Brighton, on the corner of Trafalger St & Frederick St (at least Menty & Seph will know where I am!)

The wall is used as a tribute by Graffiti artists for icons who have passed away. Among the so far is John Peel, George Best & Michael Jackson. It also has the original Banksy 'kissing policemen' on it.

Well - they've blurred John Peel's graffiti-art face out (yet strangely they haven't one click on)

peel.jpg

Here it is from one of my own pics.

dsc00235uq.jpg

That is within pissing distance of where I grew up.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
69734619990383373120.jpg

Coooool! Thats my old house! It's 23 Robert St not 22 (one with the bow windows) but I'll give Google that.

Nice to see the door repainted purple as it originally was when we owned it. Last time I was in England and walked past the place someone had painted it boring blue. :phpneutral:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
My house has finally shown up on Street View too, but unfortunately I was holding a giant "I HATE THE FOLLOWING TKERS..." banner as it passed, so I can't post the pic. :(

whisky

Boobie inspector
BTW, cocked up the previous post to this one because did the linking wrong

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
This is my old Gaff in Brighton. Three floors of Edwardian construction overlooking Queen's Park in Kemptown. We used to sit on the balcony getting stoned, listening to the other stoners & pissheads having arguments in the park.

edbton.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Top drawer!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Brighton - fuck it, let's call it by its nickname in Private Eye: Skidrow-on-Sea is chock-full of seagulls. They're building a new football stadium for the beloved home team, who go by the nickname 'Seagulls' and have one on their club badge - the stadium is going to have glass frontings all around. It will be covered in seagull shit within a month!

The fucking things used to wake me up in the mornings. Never needed an alarm. Even better, the bastard in this pic has a GIANT CHIP in its beak!

Hey Menty, next time you're in the UK (tenth of never!), you, Seph and I need to go for some beers around Brighton.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Once you get past the giant seagull, you might notice they are recreating the abbey road cover in the background.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
This is going to become our official Google Street View thread, and as a result, I will not let it die!

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was going to post a picture of Pulse and Cocktails, the biggest sex shop in hull, but apparently the road alongside it is the only on in hull not covered by the google street view.

What are the odds?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I googled the house that I grew up in, but Google's car hasn't driven down that street yet either. And the satellite view doesn't quite carry the same impact.