Celebrities and Responsibility

Mandi

Why is it that all of the activist groups are blaming the problems of america on music. Like the Columbine Shootings, Marilyn Mason took the flack for that because the kids who did it listened to him. Eminem gets the blame for hate crimes against the gay commnity. And musicians in general get the blame for crimes and the general downspiral of todays youth. I listen to eminem, does that mean that i'm gonna kill my mom and kill some gay guy because he's gay. No. Parents and activists alike are taken the blame from themselves and putting it onto celebrities. They say the message that these people are sending are destroying kids minds. As a kid I have to say, thats bullshit. I'm not the way I am because of the music I listen to or the movies I watch. I am the way I am because of how I was brought up. Over half of the hate crimes in america are from kids who were brought up in anti-gay, race, and religion homes. I'm tired of seeing people blame others for how they raise their children, PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CHILDREN! Quit trying to censor things, take it upon yourself to say just because this person said this doesn't mean its right. To end my little rant I take a lyric from Eminem's Who Knew.
Get aware, wake up, get a sense of humor
Quit tryin to censor music, this is for your kid's amusement
But don't blame me when lil' Eric jumps off of the terrace
You shoulda been watchin him - apparently you ain't parents.

Starburn

I'm not wearing any panties!!
I blame Michael Jackson AV's for the worlds problems. :bigass:

Starburn

Let's beat him and rob him and rape his ass!!!!!!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Who's a fucking fuck?

Starburn

Let's fuck his fucking fuck fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK !

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands

jack

That one? The fucking fuck? Or the other fucking fuck?

Fucking fucks!!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
photosemaineg.jpg

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jack

jesus, he's all sweaty.

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
That was before. I don't think Jacko sweats anymore.

jack

do you think he still has nipples?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Serious about what? - We know, its obvious, anyone with three braincells knows that you shouldn't blame music, movies, video games, whatever on peoples actions. What point are you trying to make?

And as for this lyric:

But don't blame me when lil' Eric jumps off of the terrace
You shoulda been watchin him - apparently you ain't parents.

To be honest that has nothing to do with parenting, its just Em being contreversial at the expense of the Clapton family. Em is a good lyricist but his message isn't too deep. He would be better off havng a certain level of respect for people iwho deserve respect, except that would be the catch 22 of his celebrity personality. When he started trying to push political ideals in his music I just gave up on him. He is no longer a spokesperson for anything. He has nothing left to chat shit about, hes loaded, he has a huge mansion, fancy cars, the works. The gritty, skint, fucked off with the world Em is no longer relevant. Encore was built on bitchin' Michael. Why? Because it was trendy to do so.

Sorry, I digress.. Basically you didn't say anything worth discussing, you're still young, I agree with everyhting you said, there is nothing left to say.

Kay!

Mandi

well that's better than talking about mj.....at least someone could have told me to fuck off and die like they do in all my other posts!

Mandi

hhmm maybe I should quit trying to post things of semi importance....maybe I should just turn into some retard with drool on my chin like Jillian. Or be completely annoying (more so than I already am) like johnford or one of those other lame duals....something to contemplate while I sleep tonight.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Or, perhaps you should just not give up straight away. I said I didn't dissagree with your post. If I had there would have been more life to this thread. If I post about the sky being blue there is not going to be much discussion involved since it is allready accepted.