Champions League / Premier League 2009 - 10 Season

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like posting in the Sport forum so this can be the official thread for the few football fans here in the MF.

Mark Hughes is not a happy bunny about all that extra time being given by the ref. Can't blame him really. As soon as I saw him waving his watch in the 4th officials face I knew that it was inevitable that United would score. Not the first time United have had preferential treatment at OT though so yeah.

Good match though. A draw or a United win were what I wanted before the match so I'm happy with the result and the controversy :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2646219/Man-Utd-4-Man-City-3.html

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
and of course, controversy's half the fun of the game!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
n95hnvgphl7t5y71lz9.jpg

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Bwuahahahaha. Poor old Shitty. Millions and millions still can't buy the Bitter Blues a win.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad they have been put in their place. Hopefully this will take the momentum out of them.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Probably not. I was saddened by the sound of some booing, and apparantly an attempt to throw an object at Tevez. He didn't want to stay at a club where he was not bound by a contract, and would be sitting on the bench for 25-30% of his games because of Dimitar fucking Berbatov, the biggest waste of space since Southampton were in the PL. It's not his fault he left United.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. And he didn't act in a fucktard way when City scored either like someone else I could mention.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Some snooty QC wrote into The Times to say that it wasn't his fault that Arsenal fans reacted the way they did. What an idiotic twat. Crusty old fucks like that, who sit impassing the law is why the British Legal System is a lightweight pisstake with the punishment rarely matching the crime.

What Adebayor did is unforgiveable in the modern age. This isn't the 1940s where fans would have applauded any goal on any side. Of course that sort of idiocy is going to cause fans to react with anger. He's a penis, and I hope their shitty appeal falls on deaf ears.

curiousa2z

LIVPOOL 2, HULL 1

Torres= Brilliant.

that is all.

curiousa2z

gods - 6-1 was a bit brutal. I don't enjoy a slaughter, even when it's Liverpool doing it.

OK, that was a lie. If they were slaughtering Chelskie I'd prolly enjoy it plenty.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It was Hull City getting owned so it's all good in my book. I hate Phil Brown.

Chelsea got pissed on by Wigan 3-1 which was amazingly funny especially since Arsenal smashed them 4-0 last week.

curiousa2z

HA. Wished they'd aired that game up here. Well done Wigan!

curiousa2z

Arsenal / Olympikos (sp?):

Arsenal have DOMINATED yet they still cannot prevail against the handsome Greek keeper!!(*swoon* I remember him from the Euros)
And some of the other defenders have done excellent work too. :D

V. Persie won't give up - he goes this way - he goes that way - what a lovely touch on the ball....Arsene has walked up to the pitch! Why haven't his boys scored yet, his look says!

Menty, FORGIVE ME - I'm starting to secretly hope handsome Greek Keeper gets a shut out. Have you ever seen another Keeper under so much pressure?!?!

The Arsenal are like a swarm of angry hornets. How much longer can they keep them out?
I hope someone gets him an espresso at half time.....
.... He must be exhausted!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Nikopolidis had a huge match. He looked unstoppable but V. Persie and Arshavin sealed the deal. Now I need to go down town in my Arsenal shirt and gloat.

curiousa2z

Man U 2 vs Wolfsburg 1:
very nearly didnt watch as I had hoped to see the Juventus game, figuring, wot's the point, they always win at home.

And yes, they didwin, but it was a lively match and I enjoyed it. Wolfsburg did their homework and it almost paid off.

Sorry to see Michael Owen off early - he looked fine, though. What's up with that?

curiousa2z

Sun 1/ Liv 0 first half

WELL GODDAMN!

RULE:
An outside element comes in contact with the ball, play STOPS.

Sunderland does NOT deserve that goal! :rwmad:

Go on, Liverpool!!!