Chance to buy a 1997 Ford Contour GL

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Seller only wants $1300 for it. (Origionally wanted $1995). Looks nice and runs well. Ive never owned one before and know very little about them. If given the chance, would you buy this car?

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
All I know is this: Change that fucking timing belt every 60,000 miles or you'll end up on the side of the freeway in the Columbia River Gorge, and do not, under any circumstance, allow an elk to touch a Contour whilst driving over the Coastals.

Mirah

I love you
Its like any other vehicle, it depends on how well it was taken care of. If you need a vehicle and it fits your price range then go for it. Have it checked out first, always worth the extra $ to do it.

Its not the best car, but its also not the worst car either.

starguard

Well..the sad thing, is that the guy sold it before I could get down there. Good thing is that I found another one for sale (same make, year, and model) that the seller wants a little more for, but its RED. :eek:

Nothing wrong with red...I just wanted it black.

Maybe if he sells it to me, I can find a cheap paint shop and have it painted black!

starguard

This is the one that I've been looking at :)

Guy wants $1500 for it. I think I can get him down to about $1250, then drop about another $500-750 to have it painted black!