Chinese Ban Rapper

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Dear, it is relevant. If the youth are corrupted, then they may become criminals and have to be executed.

Kefka

It's not relevant towards cultural degradation. You're probably well aware that political dissidents are executed just the same. So what the fuck does it have to do with this one case of China maintaining its cultural integrity?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Interesting. Vulgar words that are not even in their language might corrupt their cultural integrity.

However, this is in keeping with their cultural integrity:

My Humps
Black Eyed Peas

What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside that trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
What you gon' do with all that ass?
All that ass inside them jeans?
I'ma make, make, make, make you scream
Make you scream, make you scream.
What you gon do with all that junk?
Get you love drunk off this hump.
What you gon' do wit all that breast?
All that breast inside that shirt?
I'ma make, make, make, make you work
Make you work, work, make you work.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Heres a good one:

"Yo G, Motherfuck the police (boom ba boom ba boom, boom boom boom)

As long as I'm drunk, or as long as I'm high,My dick and my balls will never be dry (boom ba boom ba boom, boom boom boom)

We smokin blows and slammin doows (doors)

We cupcakeas Bitches and Ho's,

We don't need to read

we don't need to write

anybody go to school is tryin to be white,

I'm a stone cold cupcakea, up in yo face

anybody wit a job is a traiter to our race,

(boom ba boom ba boom, boom boom boom)

Goin to jail make a real man out ya

you ain't no real man till you done some hard time

I'm a true blue cupcakea, I'm true to the game

We smokin rocks and sellin dymes

Gangstas, Ganstas get all da girls

Gangstas, Gangstas rule da world

We smoking Blows and slammin doows (doors)

We cupcakeas, bitches and Ho's"

(boom ba boom ba boom, boom boom boom)

Chinese were right to ban this shit. Black America should ban it too!!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
*Jay-Z’s foul mouth is just too much for the Chinese government. The rapper’s scheduled Oct. 23 concert at Shanghai's Hongkou Stadium has been cancelled by China’s Culture Ministry out of fear that his lyrics will corrupt the minds of their youth.

How lame.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Jay-Z's records are going to go through the roof in black market sales in China.

Imagine - people killed for thoughts and words banned. That isn't preserving cultural integrity. That is oppression.

|\/۞\/|

eloisel said:
Jay-Z's records are going to go through the roof in black market sales in China.
So are heroine sales among addicts. That doesn't mean that it's good for them, or that demand is infallible.

Imagine - people killed for thoughts and words banned. That isn't preserving cultural integrity. That is oppression.
Quaint rhetoric, but it's an oversimplification. Have people more likely been killed for listening to Jay-Z, or for attempting to criticize the Communist governent?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Aren't you glad you aren't Chinese? You'd be dead already.

|\/۞\/|

I'm glad that during my childhood there wasn't so much sexually gratuitous and violent content in advertisements and the general media. What's your point?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I beg to differ with you. Did you ever see the cartoon "Popeye"? Popeye and Pluto were always fighting violently. Sex has always been used to sell every kind of contraption imaginable. Or do you think that girl kneeling beside an engine, scantily clad in a crochet bikini, is going to put that engine in a car all by herself?

I agree with you - Jay-Z isn't for me. Alot of things aren't. I don't spend my money on luxuries I don't want. That is my choice. Anybody telling me I can't do something isn't going to necessarily make me want to do it, but it will probably piss me off because who are they to tell me what I can and can't do or have or say or think?

If Jay-Z is so anti-their-culture, then he'll go over like a ton of bricks. He is in the business to make money. If he doesn't any make any money, he'll go where he is marketable or he'll change his product or disappear. Besides, if China can import their violent "You kill my teacher, I must kill you" mentality over here, I think we should be able to export our nasty mouthed rappers over there.

The Question

Eternal
eloisel said:
Interesting. Vulgar words that are not even in their language might corrupt their cultural integrity.

However, this is in keeping with their cultural integrity:

My Humps
Black Eyed Peas

What you gon' do with all that junk?
Get you love drunk off my hump.
What you gon' do with all that ass?
All that ass inside them jeans?
I'ma make, make, make, make you scream
Make you scream, make you scream.
What you gon do with all that junk?
Get you love drunk off this hump.
What you gon' do wit all that breast?
All that breast inside that shirt?
I'ma make, make, make, make you work
Make you work, work, make you work.

They should have banned that one, as well. Not because of the content, because there is a distinct lack of content. The song that was made from those sincerely shitty "lyrics" lasts how many minutes? It takes, on average, how many seconds to read them -- excluding time spent projectile vomiting, that is?

Wait, i've got a rap song!

Where you gon' get get get some words?
I'm-a fish fish fish fish through turds
Fish through turds 'til I find some words
How you gon' gon' gon' make yo cash?
I'm-a pull rap songs out my ass
(steal music from 20 year old Beastie Boys track, add track of woman masturbating, add recordings of producers smoking crack out of a glass dick)

|\/۞\/|

I think you've taken a rather ambigious and tangental approach, so I shall as well.

eloisel said:
I beg to differ with you. Did you ever see the cartoon "Popeye"? Popeye and Pluto were always fighting violently. Sex has always been used to sell every kind of contraption imaginable. Or do you think that girl kneeling beside an engine, scantily clad in a crochet bikini, is going to put that engine in a car all by herself?

"I'm glad that during my childhood there wasn't so much sexually gratuitous and violent content in advertisements and the general media."

What exactly are you trying to pull?
I agree with you - Jay-Z isn't for me. Alot of things aren't. I don't spend my money on luxuries I don't want. That is my choice. Anybody telling me I can't do something isn't going to necessarily make me want to do it, but it will probably piss me off because who are they to tell me what I can and can't do or have or say or think?
Personal choice and opinion isn't infallible. A thriving sex slave trade exist in Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel, and India. There's a high demand for it. The girls' own thoughts in the matter notwithstanding, who are we to tell them that it's wrong to

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/living/style/15800139.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/articles/september2004/070904sexandtv.htm

I do believe the Chinese made it clear that this would be to prevent the minds of youth from being corrupted, which is a completely legitimate fear. Look at the United States - the television has more control of children than parents do.

If Jay-Z is so anti-their-culture, then he'll go over like a ton of bricks. He is in the business to make money. If he doesn't any make any money, he'll go where he is marketable or he'll change his product or disappear.
Sounds like the only culture Jay-Z is interested in is the one pertaining to cash. I don't see his brand of rap representing anything other than corruption and decadence, something which cultures worldwide view as generally 'sinful' and undesireable, or whatever you prefer.

Besides, if China can import their violent "You kill my teacher, I must kill you" mentality over here, I think we should be able to export our nasty mouthed rappers over there.
:?:

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer