Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clothes Shopping RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
I know why I live in jeans and t-shirts/sweaters. It's because thats the only dang thing I can find that fits me right, is comfortable, doesn't look hideous, and doesn't cost a small fortune.

All I want is a skirt or two. Something simple, plain....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Have you seen the latest styles? They look like the bottoms of prom dresses!!! Flounces and linings and gawdawful colors!!!
The one Navy skirt I managed to find in so called Petite size was made for someone 5'4....not 5' nothing. The Khaki skirt was a little better, except I can't sit down in it (what sadist designs these things anyway????). And the pink and brown floral pattern makes me look like granny's sofa.

Why can't someone make skirts length like they do men's slacks? In inches rather than Petite, Average and Tall?

hmmmmmmmm..... does anyone know a clothing manufacturer?

;)
mm

I think you would look nice in this set, MM:

78130_BR6713_FA06_m.jpg

Grammour Boy said:
I think you would look nice in this set, MM:

78130_BR6713_FA06_m.jpg

Short skirts are for tall girls or bird-legged girls. And if I bought a skirt that was supposed to be that short, it would still hit me below the knee. And before you say "so shorten it yourself" Better think of whats involved with a skirt hem. Anyone else remember standing on a chair while mom pinned it up to make sure it was even all around? Mom always had a mouth full of pins.

:D
mm

Your best bet is online shopping or a personal shopper. Believe it or not personal shoppers aren't THAT expensive and they can find crap lost in the 80's if you want it. Otherwise, if you find a skirt you like and it's a bit long find a good tailor, usually dry cleaners offer tailoring on site.

missmanners said:
Short skirts are for tall girls or bird-legged girls. And if I bought a skirt that was supposed to be that short, it would still hit me below the knee. And before you say "so shorten it yourself" Better think of whats involved with a skirt hem. Anyone else remember standing on a chair while mom pinned it up to make sure it was even all around? Mom always had a mouth full of pins.

mm
I got it!

Get petite mini's...they are sure to hit you above the knee as you like it. ;)

Also, I believe the fashion trend this upcoming fall is skirts that are a ittle longer than usual such that they fall right below the knee and hug the hips very snuggly. Very retro...ya know?

Unfortunately, MM, clothes are designed and aimed at teenies, and once one is past about 22, no one gives a damn.

They're the only ones stupid enough to wear the absurd fashions that they buy. We did it in our time, as did our older sisters and now we know what moms must have felt like. :mrgreen: I can't imagine being in the 30s or above in the 1960s, when fashion was miniskirts/dresses and nothing longer than that.

Only thing to do is hope for the rare pieces that actually look attractive on anyone other than some anerexic chick (although I've seen fat teens with rolls of fat exposed - urgle) and grab those pieces when they appear, in several colors.

Or make your own. But sewing takes patience. Generally the few times I've made things, even though they came out fine, the process involved too much frustration (and copious amounts of swearing) so I rarely make things.

Did you try looking at online sites? There are good ones out there, some aimed at women older than fifteen.

This isnt just a problem for women, you buy a pair of trousers that fit a 36 inch waist, they think you are 6 foot tall.

What about panties? What are some of the shopping obstacles and disasters that one must overcome in order to purchase a good pair of panties that fit just right?

LOL.

Men have it made with underwear. Comfy briefs, roomy boxers or boxerbriefs for the best of both.

What do women get? Thong panties - think butt floss and zero butt support (and not very sanitary imo.) Bikini panties (the best option) or *ack!* grannie panties.

Men are so much smarter when it comes to underwear, as theirs appears to be comfortable. Most women's underwear is made to "hide panty lines" or be sexy, not for comfort.

Glad you asked? :mrgreen:

missmanners said:
I know why I live in jeans and t-shirts/sweaters. It's because thats the only dang thing I can find that fits me right, is comfortable, doesn't look hideous, and doesn't cost a small fortune.

All I want is a skirt or two. Something simple, plain....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Have you seen the latest styles? They look like the bottoms of prom dresses!!! Flounces and linings and gawdawful colors!!!
The one Navy skirt I managed to find in so called Petite size was made for someone 5'4....not 5' nothing. The Khaki skirt was a little better, except I can't sit down in it (what sadist designs these things anyway????). And the pink and brown floral pattern makes me look like granny's sofa.

Why can't someone make skirts length like they do men's slacks? In inches rather than Petite, Average and Tall?

;)
mm
You look fine to me in your birthday suit. :love:

T'Bonz said:
LOL.

Men have it made with underwear. Comfy briefs, roomy boxers or boxerbriefs for the best of both.

What do women get? Thong panties - think butt floss and zero butt support (and not very sanitary imo.) Bikini panties (the best option) or *ack!* grannie panties.

Men are so much smarter when it comes to underwear, as theirs appears to be comfortable. Most women's underwear is made to "hide panty lines" or be sexy, not for comfort.

Glad you asked? :mrgreen:
That's because ladies' undergarments were originally conceived and designed by men as a means to control women and to have unmitigated hegemony over their sexualily.

(Yes, men are smart :D )

missmanners said:

;)
mm
You should try children's lArge sizes.as long as you're not fat,you should find short sizes rthere.Scholl uniforms might be the kind of skirts you're looking for--they come in navy.

Grammour Boy said:
That's because ladies' undergarments were originally conceived and designed by men as a means to control women and to have unmitigated hegemony over their sexualily.

(Yes, men are smart :D )

Except that men still don't get it when they want it. ;) Women control that aspect utterly. :P

T'Bonz said:
Except that men still don't get it when they want it. ;) Women control that aspect utterly. :P
No wei!

Men get it whenever they want it. All they have to do is flash the department store charge card.

We wee folk in the business casual world have to go to great lengths to get a decent skirt of decent length in decent colors. Find an a-line skirt pattern in your size that you like then pick out the materials you like - including buttons and zippers and whatever notions are listed on the pattern package, and head to the local tailor. It is a bit more expensive but the clothes last longer, the variety is better, and they fit.