comic character discussion thread

whisky

Boobie inspector
I thought a justification and introduction was better than a quote.

And in this age where just about every comic you can imagine is on torrent, I thought it might be better if we used this thread to introduce some characters you might not have heard of, so people might seek them out.

At the end of the day what we all like personally is subjective, but lets not be snobby about each others choices.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
But that's half the fun innit.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was never INTO comic books, it just didn't happen in my life (I don't know why, ok? :rwmad: ) so I won't be adding anything to the list because I am UNQUALIFIED, IMO.

Maybe I will use the list to read some of the ones you guys think are the best.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
I like the other comic book thread better and I haven't even read it yet

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I was never INTO comic books, it just didn't happen in my life (I don't know why, ok? :rwmad: ) so I won't be adding anything to the list because I am UNQUALIFIED, IMO.

I won't be adding to the list because apparently some people think Superman is boring.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I won't be adding to the list mostly for Cassie's reasons. I'm too out of the loop.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I won't be adding to the list as I enjoy calling other choices infantile and misguided far too much to actually be involved myself.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Maybe I will use the list to read some of the ones you guys think are the best.

You'd definitely like Neil Gaiman's Sandman. There aren't any characters from it on the list yet but I'm sure me and Menty will be adding some soon.

You might like The Unwritten too, but it's still an ongoing series.

I like the other comic book thread better and I haven't even read it yet

I have no idea what this post even means.

I won't be adding to the list because apparently some people think Superman is boring.

Superman would definitely be a valid entry in a top 100 comic book characters thread. Don't worry about what other people think.

I won't be adding to the list mostly for Cassie's reasons. I'm too out of the loop.

They don't have to be up to date!

OnyxOverdrive

stealth ninja
Why are these threads not in the Media Center?
Is that not the correct forum for film/tv/comic book related threads?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
So, say if I thought the Neal Adams era of Batman (late 60's -mid-70s) was worthy of mention, is that a valid item? I can cite certain issues/covers, with quotes, but I don't know what the parameters are for "Universe"...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Plus, HELLO! BIG BROTHER PREMIERES IN 3 HOURS AND 19 MINUTES!

ALSO HARRY POTTER OPENS IN A WEEK! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL YOUR PRIORITIES!!??

SAUSAGEMAN

So, say if I thought the Neal Adams era of Batman (late 60's -mid-70s) was worthy of mention, is that a valid item? I can cite certain issues/covers, with quotes, but I don't know what the parameters are for "Universe"...

That's just DC Earth 1. That Batman is different from All-Star/Dark Knight Batman, who is different from Animated Series Batman. The main DC Universe is Earth 1, the main Marvel Universe is Earth-616.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I'm going to add the one comic that I really got into as a kid, I have decided to be truthful for once.

It's probably not edgy, but the British heritage is important to note.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That's just DC Earth 1. That Batman is different from All-Star/Dark Knight Batman, who is different from Animated Series Batman. The main DC Universe is Earth 1, the main Marvel Universe is Earth-616.
Oh Jesus. UNCLE! This is 10x more anal than any TV/movie list, LOL. Have fun! ;)

CaptainWacky

You could just write "DC Earth 1" and use a Neal Adams image.

Headvoid, use Picturehoster.info! (Not being "anal", your pic doesn't show up.)

CaptainWacky

...actually, Headvoid's pic does show up, never mind!

Love Child

One Love
So are comic strip characters like comic book characters if they have a book made of the strip?

Just kidding.

Sort of.

I was seriuos about this question a few minutes ago before I looked at all of the other examples.

I'll just save Nancy and Garfield and Snoopy for that other thread then.