COMMUNITY Season 6 OKAY

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
And Badger from Breaking Bad who was in a few episodes in season one if you recall.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG, that really felt like the last episode ever :( I teared up a few times EVEN.

CaptainWacky

Has anyone watched the last episode yet?

It certainly had the feel of a series finale.

All the different pitches were funny.

Chang is for real gay.

Ice Cube Head.

Shirley but no other surprises (well Seth Green as Scrunch.) I guess when Chevy said that he'd recorded something for season six he was trolling? Or just for real senile.

Not enough Elroy. No real sense of what Britta does next? Maybe she just goes on being Britta. That's life.

Dice not included,
Some assembly required.
Lines between perception, desire, and reality may become blurred, redundant, or interchangeable.
Characters may hook up with no regard for your emotional investment.
Some episodes too conceptual to be funny, some too funny to be immersive, and some so immersive they still aren't funny.
Consistency between seasons may vary.
Viewers may be measured by a secretive obsolete system based on selected participants keeping handwritten journals of what they watch.
Show may be cancelled and moved to the internet where it turns out tens of millions were watching the whole time.
May not matter.
Fake commercial may end with disclaimer gag which may descend into vain Chuck Lorresque rant by narcissistic creator.
Creator may be unstable.
Therapist may have told creator this is not how you make yourself a good person
Life may pass by while we ignore or mistreat those close to us.
Those close to us may be those watching.
Those people may want to know I love them but I may be incapable of saying it.
Contains pieces the size of a child's esophagus

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
WE POSTED AT THE SAME TIME.

I loved the fake commercial at the end.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'm glad that Britta wore her glasses again and that it was established that she looks really good in her glasses.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I especially liked that they mentioned Jeff and Annie's THING they had way back in the beginning. I remember Dan Harmon being surprised about the fans shipping them, and I really wish I had the link to the Jeff and Annie shipper video he linked to.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I worked so late last night and all weekend that I totally forgot it was Tuesday today -- I'LL WATCH IT LATER :wah!:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It was such a perfect finale finale episode that it almost makes me hope it's the end. But I'd rather another season of episodes than a movie. :(

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Funny you should mention that...

Yahoo In Discussions For More ‘Community’ Episodes

by Nellie Andreeva
June 2, 2015 3:58pm

Today’s Season 6 finale of Community may have felt like a series finale, but it may not be over for the college comedy at its new home, Yahoo. I hear conversations continue between the Internet giant and Community producer Sony Pictures TV for more episodes. Neither side would comment, thought Yahoo left the door open with the following statement through a spokesperson:

“With the season six finale of Community airing today, we’re continually excited by how much fans are engaging with the series. Now that all episodes are available for binge viewing, stay tuned for how we keep Community delighting its fans.”

Community cheated death with the 13-episode Season 6 pickup by Yahoo a year ago, which followed the show’s cancellation by NBC. It was an experiment for the ad-supported Yahoo, picking up a network-grade scripted series, as it strives to establish itself as an original programming player. Things are still in flux (co-star Ken Jeong has a new series on ABC), and no decision is imminent, with Community creator/executive producer last night announcing he would be taking a break after the Season 6 finale. “I’m gonna delete my Twitter app and take a couple weeks off the internet and no interviews and I love you,” he wrote to his fans on Twitter.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
#sevenseasonsandamovie IMO!

CaptainWacky

I liked when Jeff said "go back to your child area" to the kid.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Dan Harmon interview...we shall see...

Dan Harmon on Community's future: Nothing determined but Yahoo wanted to 'do a movie immediately'

by Dan Snierson
Posted June 6 2015 — 7:04 PM EDT

It has been less than a week since the well-received Community season (series?) finale aired, which seems like more than enough time to start asking if there will be more Community in some form. Which is exactly what EW Radio host Jessica Shaw did in her interview with series creator Dan Harmon (and his Ricky and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland) at the ATX Festival in Austin today.

“I told Yahoo, ‘I can’t think about writing a movie until I miss Community,’” said Harmon when asked about the possibility of seventh season or a destiny-fulfilling movie. “They wanted to turn around and do a movie immediately, and Yahoo can get it done. They’re like the NSA.” Of course, with cast members moving on to other projects, “the difficulty is in just: Can you get all the actors in the same place again?” he said.

Harmon sounded more than pleased when discussing the community college comedy’s move from NBC to the streaming service this season: “Yahoo was so supportive that I completely self-destructed in season 6. I mean, I had no bad guys left. Yahoo was like Daddy Warbucks just picking Annie up at the orphanage, except in my version, Annie just like starts saying, “Maybe the sun won’t come out tomorrow,” and starts taking Ritalin in her office.” Check out more of the interview below.

(Audio clip at bottom of article)
Dan Harmon on Community future: Nothing determined but Yahoo wanted to 'do a movie immediately' | EW.com

CaptainWacky

And we all made fun of Yahoo...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
‘Community’ Fate Undecided As Yahoo & Sony TV Continue Talks

by Nellie Andreeva and Patrick Hipes
August 4, 2015 11:55am

Community isn’t dead yet. At least that’s what Yahoo is saying after being compelled to respond to quotes from series star Joel McHale in a just-out magazine interview that the series was finished for good after its sixth season wrapped last month on the streaming service. “We’ve seen tremendous value in our partnership with Sony and are continuing to discuss future opportunities for Community,” Yahoo said in its statement today.

That’s a bit different from McHale’s take. When asked in the Metro Weekly interview whether there would be more of the series, McHale replied: “They wanted to. But all of our contracts were up after six years. All the actors on the show, almost without exception — their stock has risen significantly and it’s out of the pay rate that is affordable to make the show. So you’re not going to be able to get Alison Brie or Gillian Jacobs at a normal television salary anymore. There is just not enough money to be able to pay for the show.”

The Season 6 finale may have felt like a series finale, but after it dropped June 2 conversations continued between Yahoo and Sony TV for more episodes. Neither side would comment at the time, thought Yahoo as now left the door open, saying. “With the season six finale of Community airing today, we’re continually excited by how much fans are engaging with the series. Now that all episodes are available for binge viewing, stay tuned for how we keep Community delighting its fans.”

NBC cancelled the cult comedy in May 2014 after five seasons — most of which were touch-and-go anyway for the Dan Harmon-created comedy, which usually faced last-minute pickups owing to low ratings (and less than favorable time slots) that kept cast and fans’ palms sweating. Sony Pictures TV the next month closed the Yahoo for 13 new episodes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
JUST GIVE US THE MOVIE, OKAY :rwmad:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
DOWNTON ABBEY vs. COMMUNITY: THE RACE TO #SIXSEASONSANDAMOVIE IS ON!

:scared:

CaptainWacky

I hope it doesn't continue as a comic.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Ken Jeong has his own new show premiering on ABC this fall:

Ken Jeong Responds To ‘Community’ Cancellation Rumors – TCA

by Anthony D'Alessandro
August 4, 2015 3:34pm

Comedian Ken Jeong came to TCA to talk about his new ABC comedy series Dr. Ken, but he was faced to answer the obvious elephant in the room: What’s the state of Community, particularly after Joel McHale’s statements in the press saying it’s over; that the cast’s six-year contracts had expired. Yahoo, which currently streams the series that was axed by NBC in May 2014, was forced to issue a statement today.

“As it is with that show, I’m completely in the dark,” said Jeong. Nonetheless, he hinted that better prospects might lie ahead. “I would love to do a movie. Doing a movie would be amazing. Those guys on Community made me the actor that I am today. I wouldn’t be here as a lead on my own show.”

On October 2 at 8:30 PM, Korean American stand-up comedian Jeong debuts his family-workplace comedy series Dr. Ken. The show arrives 21 years after Margaret Cho’s All-American Girl aired. While ABC of late has pulled solid reviews and ratings for Fresh Off The Boat, All-American Girl misfired, rubbing critics and Asian-American audiences the wrong way. Cho would go on to detail the behind-the-scenes horrors from the show, from executives criticizing her weight to producers hiring a coach for her to be more Asian.

Jeong didn’t seem to be fazed by ABC’s previous mishap with All American Girl, a series which arguably didn’t incorporate Cho’s comedy. In all fairness, it was a completely different group of executives running ABC at the time. Jeong said that his ABC series, which is loosely based on his life as an HMO general practitioner, “is an ensemble show. Everything I’ve done from Community to The Hangover is ensemble driven.” His take is that the workplace and home backdrop of the show is universal in its reach. “The writing is by Mike Sikowiz and the emphasis is on the cast, it’s not really me. I’m more the building block of this specific universe…The writers’ room and production, it’s really important that they get my specific sensibility. I’m paying attention with a fine tuned comb” said Jeong.

Co-star Suzy Nakamura further separated Dr. Ken from All-American Girl: “20 years ago, Margaret didn’t receive good creative input (on her show). We have an unprecedented amount of good creative input.”

Dan Harmon has another project brewing:

Dan Harmon To Host IFC Comedy Pilot ‘Great Minds’

by Denise Petski
August 5, 2015 8:02am

IFC is expanding outside the scripted arena and into the world of panel and late-night talk, ordering pilot presentations of three new comedy series with Community creator Dan Harmon, Jim Norton (Inside Amy Schumer, Louie) and Sara Schaefer (Nikki & Sara Live, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon) attached to headline.

Harmon will host Great Minds, a comedic panel show that tackles trending topics with a twist: each episode features a revolving cast of comedians in character as history’s “greatest minds.” The pilot guest panel features Benjamin Franklin (Rory Albanese, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart), Albert Einstein (Robert Smigel, SNL), Eleanor Roosevelt (Bonnie McFarlane, Women Aren’t Funny) and Frederick Douglass (Seaton Smith, Mulaney). The show is created by Richard Korson (The Daily Show With Jon Stewart), produced by Matador and executive produced by Korson, Harmon, Jay Peterson and Kara Welker.

IFC is also shooting an untitled half-hour, late-night talk show hosted by comedian Norton and featuring entertainers from comedy, TV, movies, music, film and culture. Matador produces with Norton and Suzanne Fagel executive producing.

Created and helmed by Schaefer, 1320 Seconds is a satirical newsmagazine show featuring an ensemble of female correspondents (plus one man to make everyone feel OK about this dangerous concept) who investigate and comment on the cultural zeitgeist. The show is executive produced by Schaefer and Jon Zimelis, Jason Nadler, and Alex Blagg of Serious Business.

“These pilots represent an exciting, aggressive move for us into the alternative comedy format space as we continue to expand our programming reach,” said Jennifer Caserta, IFC’s president. “All of the talent fits our brand so we can’t wait for them to bring their individual, distinctive voices to IFC.”

CaptainWacky

AND GILLIAN JACOBS HAS A NETFLIX SHOW NEXT YEAR OKAY.