Congratulations, My Fellow Americans

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
You now officially live in a police state.

Let's play an interesting little game. Everyone who reads this article, if you honestly give a shit about this, then take time to post and say so.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/02/19/opinion/edlaw.php

A disturbing recent phenomenon in Washington is that laws that strike to the heart of American democracy have been passed in the dead of night. So it was with a provision quietly tucked into the enormous defense budget bill at the Bush administration's behest that makes it easier for a president to override local control of law enforcement and declare martial law.
The provision, signed into law in October, weakens two obscure but important bulwarks of liberty. One is the doctrine that bars military forces, including a federalized National Guard, from engaging in law enforcement. Called posse comitatus, it was enshrined in law after the Civil War to preserve the line between civil government and the military. The other is the Insurrection Act of 1807, which provides the major exemptions to posse comitatus. It essentially limits a president's use of the military in law enforcement to putting down lawlessness, insurrection and rebellion, where a state is violating federal law or depriving people of constitutional rights.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Gonad said:
Sad, and sadder. But what can we do, ohgreatcoyoteuglyone?

Not something that should be discussed in public, but do I really need to tell you? Really?

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
Yes. But don't, since it is not a good thing to be discussing here.

The Question

Eternal
When the functions of the basic defense of liberty are outlawed, it is the duty of every American to become an outlaw.

Cranky Bastard

Duty and obligation against an illegal (unconstitutional) government requires blood.

Americans respect authority and are quiescent.

Someone give me a "baa-aa-a" before we go through the next door?

Dark Link

Morituri te salutant
"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Every American knows what has to happen. But the sheep will continue to be lead to slaughter.

At some point, it has to end. People have to wake up and see what is happening.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Frankly, this scares the shit out of me. Having worked law enforcement on both sides of the fence, I don't want military involved in civilian law enforcement AT ALL.

Civilian law enforcement for the most part involves an education, back ground screening and years of training and a psych evaluation.

In the military, all you need is 6 weeks at a school and a criminal past that a recruiter can bury to up his numbers.

But, I can honestly say I don't miss the military anymore. Most of the kids they'e bringing in today shouldn't be trusted with a squirt gun nevermind automatic weapons.

(sigh) and no one's watching or raising a fuss.

We'll be back to THIS before you know it...

Actually, that's already happening.

Screw it, even though their gun laws are draconian, I may move to New Zealand.
-SB

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Whatever happened with that tax evader up in NH or VT that barricaded himself in his house while the Feds surrounded it? A few months ago I heard about it, but nothing else.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I thought it was interesting. He declared that his house was solarpowered, and he had enough food and ammo for years, so come'n get me. But I haven't heard a word about it for quite some time either.

Anna Nicole Smith and a Diaper Wearing Astronaut happened.

No one wants real issues or news.

Maybe we should start a Pirate Brodcasting station? Blogs just are not going to get it done...
-SB

The Question

Eternal
I know one thing for damn certain: If I ever get rich, I'm not paying a fucking DIME in taxes. I will find a way.

Acrimonious

CoyoteUgly said:
Whatever happened with that tax evader up in NH or VT that barricaded himself in his house while the Feds surrounded it? A few months ago I heard about it, but nothing else.

He probably got the Randy Weaver treatment. You know, where they bring in a half-dozen snipers and a dozen tanks for one guy and his small family.

That or the Waco treatment, where they use "battering ram" equipped tanks (that also just happen to spout fire out of their barrels when they bust through walls).

The government doesn't like religious nutjobs or tax evaders.

Cranky Bastard

I own a bible and many guns. I also have a commanding view of the approaches from the turret of my three-story trailer.