Convocation

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Chatty said:
Sometimes those little pieces of paper don't say a word about a person's ability to do their job competently.

that's often true Chatty- but this was the exception to the rule in that there have been people just walking into the job cuz they were a relative of a teacher or somesuch thing.

The government actually has figured out that working with special needs kids requires more than the ability to hug or change diapers - although I've done those too.

But this two year program that every Educational Assistant has to take now provides alot of information they just didn't have in the old days : non-violent intervention, information about softwares designed for specific disabilities, (and the knowledge of how to use the software yourself to design specifically for individuals) all sorts of teaching methods for a variety of DLs...it goes on and on....what with the advances in medicine enabling more of these kids to survive after birth, and the government mandate that ALL kids in the province have a right to education in the public sector - there's a huge need for qualified EAs now.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Hey, familiar face, congratulations

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Not slummin - playin with trolls. They are a frisky bunch!

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I have to - I'm on the trail of a goat that curried my cookies. That is not a cool thing to do to white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies!