COVID-19 check in thread

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Dollar General near my house still has toilet paper and everything else they normally have. I wonder if it's just people in cities losing their marbles over tp.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I live in the city and none of the supermarkets have toilet roll or any canned goods (my flat mate was very concerned at hearing this because he thought I was referring to beer). Looks like we’ll all be working from home from next week too, which even as a hermit I’m a bit daunted by. I’m in an at-risk group (I take immunosuppressants), though, so it’s for the best.

Mirah

I love you
I am on the other side of the state from Seattle. We have only had 3 cases on this side (one death).
Schools, churches are shut down, events cancelled.
I work in a bank. They are not shut down yet. : (
I feel I have adequate supplies if I am quarantened. I have been limiting activities for the last 2 weeks anyways.
I was sick with a cold last week and slightly paranoid, but better now.
Thanks for making this thread Dr Dave!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I am allergic to tree pollen, and it is tree pollen time. It makes me cough and I have been paranoid for a couple weeks. Every little shiver I think IS THIS A FEVER OR IS IT 62 DEGREES OUTSIDE? lol

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I just finished a batch of both allergy medicine and immune support. Seems to be taking care of everything. The allergy infusion is equal parts eyebright, nettle, chickweed, burdock root and elecampagne. Chop together and put in a slow cooker. Cover with MCT oil and leave on low for 24 hrs (175 degrees). Strain the maceration after it cools and voila! Works very well. The immune system is a bit more involved; nettle, ginger, garlic and astragalus (equal parts) and cover in a jar with apple cider vinegar. Seal the jar and shake it once a day for 6 weeks. That one works also.

Glad my employers gave me some time off. I have Type II so I'm at risk, and it seems to be spreading more asymptomatically than they thought, so my wife does the shopping. I get out to walk the dogs twice a day, otherwise I'm staying safe in the apartment and not interacting with people in public.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
We're fine.

We went to the mall down the street, and it was about 1/3rd full. For a Saturday afternoon.

Good thing about this virus: it clears off the riffraff.

The Question

Eternal
One and only benefit of living in a piddling little one stoplight town— we’ll probably never see a single case.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I also live in a very small town and I would love to think that it won't get here. I live in Florida, so there are lots of people even out in the middle of nowhere, and it seems lots of people who still think this is a media hoax. Like Italy would quarantine the entire fucking country for a hoax.

jack

Italy says if it maxes out ICU beds that those over 80 will be left on their own :(

jack

Vermont is now closing all schools and colleges starting this wednesday until April 3rd.