Dammit, Messy!

Nope. I was half saying you have lots of strange names yourselves, then I linked you to a page jam-packed with all the slang we have for ours. Fucking LOADS.

Nope. I was half saying you have lots of strange names yourselves, then I linked you to a page jam-packed with all the slang we have for ours. Fucking LOADS.

Oh that was fun to read. I'd heard a few of those but some are pretty obscure. I learned a lot of the common slang our country uses last year or two when I was into old coins and treasure hunting. One of the most interesting was the term "two bits" meaning a quarter. Turns out way back when dollars were actually gold coins, people would cut them into wedges (eight per coin) to pay for stuff. Each "bit" was 1/8 dollar, therefore "two bits" was a 1/4 dollar. IIRC was also the origin of the pirate term "pieces of eight". I love word origins, especially slang...

Nobody marmalises the English language better than its inventors. Never forget that ;)

Oh I don't know, we did carry on the grand tradition of stealing all the best parts of every language we came in contact with, and there was a whole shitload of injuns over here when y'all dropped us off...

Bah. The Romans were stealing other people's cultures and bastardising the fuck out of it long before your mob.

Which of course, were our mob, before they became your mob, and resisted the mob they left behind. Loadsa mobs. Fuck it, let's all go for a pint.

Bah. The Romans were stealing other people's cultures and bastardising the fuck out of it long before your mob.

Which of course, were our mob, before they became your mob, and resisted the mob they left behind. Loads mobs. Fuck it, let's all go for a point.

Speaking of mangling your language....I'd rather go for a pint.

^funny thing is, I am so used to making sense out of sentences I don't even understand the half of, for me, 'going for a point' was a completely comprehensible and logical phrase in that context.

^funny thing is, I am so used to making sense out of sentences I don't even understand the half of, for me, 'going for a point' was a completely comprehensible and logical phrase in that context.
Is English a second language for you (resisting the urge to say "tongue":phptwisted:) ? Your syntax is very natural...

20_strongbow3.jpg

Is English a second language for you (resisting the urge to say "tongue":phptwisted:) ? Your syntax is very natural...

And with that, you've just become my most favorite 'new' person!!!!:love:

Yeah, it is. I'm a native German, I've learned English in school and taught myself a bit more by reading books and watching movies in English. Gotta say though, nothing has been more instructive than a few years worth of TK threads... for both me and my tongue :D
(my accent is horrible, though. Ask Rae, she was laughing her ass off when we met and she first listened to me speaking, lol!)

Well usually I can tell when someone is not a native speaker by the writing style. Even fluent speakers sometimes make written errors based on years of habit or differences in language structure. You're very good for me not to have noticed, and I'm not just saying that to kiss up...

Well okay maybe a little <3

lol! Oh, please do continue to kiss up, I like that oh so much :phpheart: (that and the getting rid of T-shirts.... ;) )

His dick is enormous, also. Plus it takes him hours to come.

Or is that too?

His dick is enormous, also. Plus it takes him hours to come.

Or is that too?

He got that a little wrong. What I said was, "I'm an enormous Prick and it takes me hours to come..."

English is not Jack's first language lol.

Back