Data's twitter dream

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
http://twitter.com/BrentSpiner

OH MY -O-! I just had the craziest dream! I know, nobody cares. I won't bore you. But, wow! Happy to be awake. Happy it's the weekend.
6:24 PM Sep 28th from web

MONDAY!!! OH MY -O-! THEN IT WASN'T A DREAM!!! HOW...WHAT...NOOOOOO!!!!!
9:04 PM Sep 28th from web

I was lying on my bed, happily asleep. I love to sleep. The best part of life, isn't it? For some reason I opened my eyes. Bad idea.
10:48 PM Sep 28th from web

The overhead light was on. Strange. I never turn on that light. Hate overhead light. Not flattering. But, then I realized it was too bright.
10:49 PM Sep 28th from web

It was like a huge klieg light. I didn't remember going to a premier. I felt compelled to be part of that light. My body began to levitate.
10:51 PM Sep 28th from web

I drifted higher and higher. I was convinced I was a part of the light. But I wasn't. It was a portal of some sort and I was being sucked...
11:00 PM Sep 28th from web

...in. It felt strange. Unlike any sucking experience I've ever had. I was now above the house. I went through the roof and didn't feel it.
11:41 AM Sep 29th from web

I was hovering in the air, gradually being pulled higher and higher. Not my favorite thing. I really hate heights. And, suddenly, I saw it.
11:52 AM Sep 29th from web

A terrifyingly huge spacecraft. I assumed it was the Mother ship. I don't know why. I guess it had something to do with all the sucking.
11:54 AM Sep 29th from web

I felt the urge to scream. I feel that way when I'm in the air. Even on stepladders. A portal opened in the hull of the ship and in I went.
1:15 PM Sep 29th from web

I landed on my feet in what appeared to be an Egyptian motif. Very Stargate the movie. No one in sight but I was sure I was being watched.
7:36 PM Sep 29th from web

Then they came. Dropping from the ceiling which was at least a hundred feet high. They floated to the floor like leaves falling from a tree.
11:38 PM Sep 29th from web

They landed and stood perfectly still in front of me, about fifty of them. They were all the same height. Tall. I'd say 6' 2" at least.
12:03 PM Sep 30th from web

They looked quite unlike any aliens I'd ever encountered. No make-up by Michael Westmore. No large heads. In fact, they looked a bit like...
12:16 PM Sep 30th from web

Michael Rennie in "The Day The Earth Stood Still". One of them stepped forward. He reached out his hand and said, "Klaatu Barada Nikto".
12:21 PM Sep 30th from web

I didn't want to shake. Who knows if these fellows wash? I bowed deeply and repeated, "Klaatu Barada Nikto". They all laughed alien laughs.
12:43 PM Sep 30th from web

To remind you (because some of you seem more confused than me) I thought it was a dream. But when I woke three days had passed! Not a dream.
1:24 PM Sep 30th from web

" We are honored to have you here. What can we can do for you?" Since they grabbed me in my sleep, I was feeling uncomfortable in my briefs.
12:25 AM Oct 1st from web

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was happy to find they spoke English. "Do you happen to have any spare space suits lying around? Yours are just terrific, by the way. "
12:35 AM Oct 1st from web

The leader waved his hand and I was suddenly wearing one of those silver lame jobs from The Day The Earth Stood Still. I looked pretty cool.
12:49 AM Oct 1st from web

While I was admiring myself, the whole pack of them took the opportunity to transform into Rutger Hauer from BLADE RUNNER. Whoo, freaky! TBC
1:00 AM Oct 1st from web

"Hey, cool guys. Can you do Darryl Hannah? Heh, heh." They did. Fifty Darryl Hannah's circa 1982. Oh Mama, I think I like this place.
11:23 AM Oct 1st from web

"Well, I guess this begs the question,'what am I doing here?'" They looked at each other and giggled android giggles. The leader spoke.
6:56 PM Oct 1st from web

"We are from the planet, Scitana-f. We have existed for many centuries. We feel it is time to introduce your people to our knowledge."
7:20 PM Oct 1st from web

" Hey, I think we did an episode like that. It was called, 'First Contact'. We also did a movie called, 'First..." They giggled again.
7:24 PM Oct 1st from web

Wasn't sure what the giggling was about. Figured it's just what they do. Gosh, they entrusted me with the knowledge of their existence. Me!
11:01 AM Oct 2nd from web

"Have you chosen me from all mankind because I am the most perfect example of that species?" The leader spoke again. "No." They giggled.
11:10 AM Oct 2nd from web

Note: Yes, I misused "begs the question." I got excited because I realized it wasn't a dream. Also, it's not a story. It really happened.
11:14 AM Oct 2nd from web

"Then, if I am not the finest of all humans, why have you chosen me?" As they morphed into Bruce Dern from "Silent Running" he spoke again.
11:21 AM Oct 2nd from web

"We love Earth sci-fi. Much better than the crap they do on Jupiter. Most of all, we love STAR TREK!" Odd seeing fifty aliens shout DATA!!!
11:23 AM Oct 2nd from web

"Still, out of all the sci-fi actors in the world, you chose me!" "We heard the great actor Spot the Cat was dead. He was our first choice."
11:46 AM Oct 2nd from web

"There were two Spot's and one of them is still alive. But, he was the worst actor I ever worked with." They morphed into giggling cats.
11:52 AM Oct 2nd from web

"Now that you have me here, what do you want of me?" "We wish you to entertain us. Be Data now." "Sorry, I haven't done that for a while."
1:48 PM Oct 2nd from web

"We want you to entertain all of the inhabitants of Scitana-F. They wish to ask you questions. Have you write your name on their soyas."
1:57 PM Oct 2nd from web

"Soyas? What the heck are soyas?" They began to unzip their space suits. "Stop! Wait! I don't sign body parts." "That's not what we heard."
2:09 PM Oct 2nd from web

"Well, only for charity. But, I promise you, I'd never sign a body part of Bruce Dern's." In a flash they all transformed into Megan Fox.
2:14 PM Oct 2nd from web

"Please come with us." "I don't..." Two of the Megan Fox's made a fireman's chair with their arms and I plopped onto it. Nice way to travel.
about 5 hours ago from web

They walked me down the corridors of the ship. Each was a cinematic replication. Star Wars, Outland, 2001, and of course, Trek. Nice design.
about 4 hours ago from web

I was oddly not frightened and enjoying myself. One of the Megan's carrying me gasped. I think I accidently touched her one of her soyas.
about 4 hours ago from web

We stopped in front of two closed doors. They looked like the turbolift entrance. Naturally, they slid open with a familiar sound. Whoosh!
about 2 hours ago from web

I was expecting to see the inside of an elevator. Instead, it was the doorway to a grand ballroom of sorts. And what I saw made me giggle.

"it looked like the arena in "Gladiator". There were tiers and tiers of aliens. "We are very fond of "sword and sandal picture's, too."

"Wow, there must be half a million..what do you call yourselves?" "Scit's. We brought everyone on our planet. No one wanted to be left out."
about 1 hour ago from web

"Everyone? Your entire population?" "It is a very small planet. But still we managed to kick Uranus's butt in the last planetary war."
about 1 hour ago from web

WillsZenith

a treat for missmanners
old yellow eyes on the meth...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Does he use contractions?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Data, you are the twitter bird.