Did anyone watch QI and think Lee Mack talked too much?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
He says "good evening" six times on the XL version instead of the usual three.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They let Phil Uranus make 12 references to being overweight, rather than the usual 11.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Brian Cox looked confused at the candle experiment which Stephen kept insisting was far too obvious for him.

(he probably knew)

CaptainWacky

They let a German on it!?

CaptainWacky

So this week's episode was pulled and replaced by a repeat. Why? Because Jeremy Clarkson was a panelist on the scheduled episode. WHAT A LOAD OF SHITE. FUCKING BBC.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Funny, I joked about that happening but I didn't think it actually would. The Beeb's way too oversensitive about these things. It didn't make sense with the Russell Brand Buzzcocks episode and it makes even less sense here, where the whole situation has blown over already.

CaptainWacky

And I bet they DON'T cancel the Top Gear "here we prove cars made of hemp don't work, TAKE THAT HIPPIES" Christmas special.

CaptainWacky

Scary trade unionists.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The odd thing is that half an hour earlier on BBC1 they had Tom Watson on Have I Got News For You. He's the MP who's been a thorn in the side of the Murdochs over the hacking inquiry, and was obviously brought on purely to talk about that subject and attack the tabloids. I'm quite comfortable with that because I hate the tabloids and love the BBC, but it seems strange to have someone controversial and with such a one track mind on that show, who's talking about the NotW stalking him, while QI's cancelled for having someone who made humourous, though controversial comments on an entirely different show, and was probably completely innocuous on QI itself.

CaptainWacky

Well they have Ian Hislop there to say "hang on, you're a repulsive person too, Tom!" and balance it out.