Did anyone watch the "ER" finale even though you haven't seen the show in 10 years?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Besides me, I mean?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah. I stopped watching weekly after Mark Greene died. I got interested again this last season whenever they said some old character was coming back.

I liked the ending, it was a lot like the first episode. Plus I'm glad that it wasn't THE BIGGEST. ER. EVER and went out with the hospital blowing up, or closing down and everyone's out of a job, or some Santa from an episode ten years ago comes back and shoots everyone. Life went on. That's the way you should end a TV drama that's going to be in syndication FOREVER, so that the last episode doesn't cast a shadow of all the other eps as you watch them again.

This is the word of the Eggs.

Big Dick McGee

I quit watching well before MG died. I think it might have been on opposite another show I wanted to watch. But I sort of "kept up" with the show through Entertainment Weekly, so I knew of Goren Visnick (whatever), and Maura Tierney and Parminder and the rest joining the cast.

I got sucked in by watching the retrospective. Man, the show was good back in the day. I found myself getting choked up by small scenes, especially when Elizabeth Greene was re-introducing herself to people. The scene where the fat older nurse dude realized who she is...that was some damned fine acting. His expression almost made me lose it.

I DID lose it watching the scenes with Ernest Borgnine. I was watching it with LG, and when he said, "I'm not ready to let her go", tha't it, cue the fucking waterworks.

It says a lot about a show when you can watch an episode after a 10-year break, and still be moved.

And it was pretty cool that they pulled back and showed the entire hospital for the first time, something LG tells me they had never done before.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Any helicopters?

Big Dick McGee

*SPOILER ALERT*

The last 8 seasons were all flashes in Dr. Romano's brain as he was about to die from a helicopter falling on him.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ah-h-h-h/

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I've watched the show on and off for the last few years. I didn't watch the finale, I probably should have.