Did House jump shark last night?

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Cuddy: You blew it, you suck, and this is why everybody hates you.
Cuddy: To hell with my fiance and the fact that you still suck. I love you. Now put down that Vicodin you just pulled from your secret Norman Bates wall-hole stash.

:jts:

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
House tries to save a woman whose leg is pinned in some debris from some structure collapse. The whole lose-the-leg/save-the-patient dilemma touches a nerve, as it were, with House and OMG he gets all obsessive and keeps the ampu-happy firemen at bay with his sword-cane. Cuddy witnesses this pseudo-catharsis and, after telling House off and getting him to resemble a human for about fifteen minutes, decides to flush her character down the toilet. Oh, and the woman dies, after getting her leg cut off. And I've used way too many hyphens in this spoiler.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I thought it was good. They couldn't keep House and Cuddy apart FOREVER and it did look like they were going to get together earlier this season before she suddenly started dating Lucas (who is too much of a manchild for her.) One of the biggest problems with House is how slowly things change so it's good that they're finally actually shaking thigns up and STUFF OKAY I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'm TYPING.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I haven't seen much of the newer stuff, but from what Ive seen the show isnt as good as it was originally, although its gotten better.

I wish they would go back to doing more clinic stuff, since it was hilarious.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Sorry, but House jumped the shark while he was in rehab. His angry-at-life vicodin-fueled neuroses were what made him a tragic character. Also, his second team is now mixed with the first, and it's just more of the same banter. I've had a hard time watching the show in this season, because it's just repeating the same plot threads over and over again.

Also, there's ALWAYS GOING TO BE TENSION BETWEEN CUDDY AND HOUSE. ALWAYS!

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
BTW, the show peaked with the episodes Wilson's Head and House's Head. I have yet to see an episode that was better-written than those two.

CaptainWacky

He would literally be DEAD if he was still abusing drugs at the level he was last season, so I don't see how getting him into rehab was a "jump the shark" moment. Unless you wanted to watch a show about a rotting corpse.

CaptainWacky

I don't agree.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
He had to get off the meds and considering what a huge part of his character it was I thought that it was done well.

House can get a bit samey but I've been loving the ongoing Wilson/House stuff.

CaptainWacky

My main problem is the repetitiveness and how his team are basically useless. I mean he could solve the case every week without them. I'd kind of like one of them to come up with the answer just for once (and episodes where House is in a coma or something don't count.) Did Foreman do ANYTHING this season?

CaptainWacky

To some extent, but you get the impression he could just talk to a cat and still solve the case.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
He did have a staff member who could solve cases on his own: Cutner. Too bad he offed himself. I really liked the character.

Anyway, the team solves cases all the time.

Besides that, House did solve a case of an entire airplane being sick with the help of three total strangers. One of them was a child.

CaptainWacky

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Ugh... Do I need to go back and find references. On average, they solve about 1.5 cases per season.

Foreman solved at least one case in Season 1. In Season 2, he determined that he was too much like house and left.

Chase solved the Dibala case, but decided to do the opposite.

Cutner solved quite a few while he was alive. I really do miss his character.

CaptainWacky

I hope Cameron's finally gone for good now. She looked all puffy the last time she was in it.