Did the Beatles have even ONE song that was any good?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Eh, "Bang Bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer" was pretty good. The rest is all shite.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
sHUT THE FUCK UP, ASSHOLE :)

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Just listened to Revolver this morning.

"Tomorrow Never Knows," gents. Awesome.

Big Dick McGee

Seriously, the only Beatles album I could stomach for more than two minutes is Abbey Road. I think they are seriously overrated by middle-aged former drug abusers who sold out and wish they, themselves were as "revolutionary" as the Beatles were.

The Who, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, Mott the Hoople, and Van Halen were all better than the Beatles.

Kerb Crawler

Why compare? Who cares? All those bands, The Beatles included, are great!

Yay, music!

jack

That's so bullshit. "Mott The Hoople"??

Pass that blunt over here BDM, that must be some good skank yer huffin'.

Big Dick McGee

I just think people overrate the Beatles. They were ok, but don't have an orgasm everytime you hear 'em.

Christ, Nirvana was better than the Beatles. They just didn't have the longevity. God Damned Courtney Love.

jack

Nirvana was the SAME as the Beatles, Cobain and Lennon were quite similar in many respects musically. Same groundbreaking stuff same prescient vision.

I Saw Her Standing There? Who else was doing that shit in 63. NEIL FUCKING SEDAKA?

Kerb Crawler

You have to look at the band in the context of the time they were performing in. Nirvana is not "great" musically, by any stretch of the imagination, but time and place, man. They were relevant - and can continue to BE relevant - but you have consider what was going on in the world.

And people ALWAYS feel more strongly about those brilliant sparks extinguished before their time. (Joplin, Hendrix, Cobain, Lennon, Morrison, et al.)

The Beatles might be overrated, musically, but that's not all they represent. Just like Elvis.

jack

Lennon was a FUCKING ARTIST, HE WAS SENSITIVE TO SHIT, HE THREW UP BEFORE HE WENT ON STAGE HE COULD MAKE A GUITAR SPEAK.

If he could be a fisherman he would've but he couldnt BECAUSE HE WAS A FUCKING GENIUS

HE WAS THE WALRUS! PAUL WAN'T THE WALRUS (he was just saying that to be nice) BUT HE WAS ACTUALLY THE WALRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111111

Kerb Crawler

Jack have you ever seen the movie "Backbeat?"

Big Dick McGee

The Rutles were better than the Beatles.

Oh, and Spinal Tap ROXORZ THE BEATLES SOXORZZ!

Kerb Crawler

SMELL TEH GLOVE!

Shatna

SOINT PLUT!
Wow, who can argue with such subjective expertise as all that? Agreed, Beatles sucked. The end.

Big Dick McGee

I'm glad SOMEONE sees my argument is unimpeachable!

jack

Clinton was impeac hed too, remember?

Big Dick McGee

Yes, and rightly so. He broke the law, and Kenn Starr was doing his job. If you can't see that, you're a hypocrite.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
beatles sucked

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
wow...where'd Ken Starr come from?
not a huge Beatles fan either, but I was just gonna say I liked "Working Class Hero".
now might not be the time.

Morrhigan

Pussie
Beatles music may not be to your taste, but they had a HUGE influence on rock music. They did things no one else had done before, not just with lyrics, melody and harmony, but with technology as well. In that respect, they were indeed fuckin' awsome.