I want to smell dark matter
WHY ISNT' THERE AT HREAD OF RDOCOT WHORE 201 CHRISYA

I CAN TN'T BLEIEVE THATYE KILLED RORY AGAIN

CaptainWacky

HAHAHAAH only joking havne't watch it yet

whisky

Boobie inspector
I also did, and I cant remember the last time me and Tomtrek both liked the same episode.

Seen the coming soon bit a couple of times, and unless they are just reusing the set, there is a reappearance by the homegrown tardis that was upstairs at the lodgers house.

CaptainWacky

I bet if RTD WROTE IT YOU'D SAY I TWA SHIT

(haven't seen it yet MCHAIE CGAMOB IS EVIL)

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked RTD episodes most of the time.

I even liked the way they made the Galaxy class starship's bridge look exactly like the enterprise from the last film, complete with blue lens flares all over the place.

CaptainWacky

It was pretty good. I'm not sure about the whole thing with memories just appearing in his head as the episode went on because I can't remember if they usually do it that way in Doctor Who (but then it's not really consistent about its time travel all the time, IS IT?)

Katherine Jenkins was nice and didn't have to act too much like Kylie (and her actnig was fine when she did.)

The Doctor had some good lines that I can't remember.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
The Rules Of Doctor Who Time Travel© are always pretty much whatever works to make the story work. This includes people touching their past selves.

CaptainWacky

Or wanking over Katherine Jekins' frozen past self.

CaptainWacky

"I've never met someone who wasn't important before" was a good line.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
"Everything has to end sometime, or nothing could ever start" was also a good line until I misremembered it.

I really liked the ep. It was very unusual and very visual. Like a child's fairytale book. Pretty much everything was perfect. The acting was great throughout, the story was quite inventive and made great use of time travel and design work was really outstanding. It looked like a movie. I loved those tall sets and the steampunky costumes. Reminiscent of Metropolis in some ways (not to mention the story elements: the tower at the centre of the city, father and son relationship, etc).

Did anyone think the little kid looked more like Rory than Gambon?

Fish. At Christmas. Inspired.

CaptainWacky

Fish with custard.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Just have to share this rant from a strange girl over at another Doctor Who site.

Right now I don't think I want to watch Season 6/32
After watching A Christmas Carol and the trailer I got up from the settee in my boyfriend's parent's house swearing and stormed off in fury.

The reason I don't think I can bear watching season 6 is Steven Moffat.

If I typed what I really think of him I would call him every expletive under the sun and get banned from the forum. I hate him. I loathe him. If I could get a TARDIS for real I would go back and make sure that time could be rewritten. I'd make sure that he never became showrunner. I might keep SITL/FOTD canon as long as we never saw River Song again and never found out who she was.

It wasn't the mediocre special that's made me feel this way; I could live with that. It's the fact that Moffat is turning the Doctor into a serial shagger. The Elizabeth I reference begun by RTD was bad enough, but at least it was open enough to pretend it was the Doctor spouting his usual rubbish like being a close friend of Mao Tse Tung or Napolean. (I would hope I'm not the only fan who doesn't want the Doctor to be pals with a pair of tyrants.) Moffat made it proper canon in season 5.

What's got me in a rage is the Doctor having meaningless sex with another famous Earth woman again. I suppose it's meant to be a joke but I don't think the Doctor having it off with Marilyn Monroe is funny. I bet Moffat really does think Ten got his leg over Madame de Pompadour in retrospect.

I'm sick of the Doctor having sex. Especially as he doesn't care about the women. Might as well change the name of the show/character to Indiana James Kirk Bond and his time machine.

On top of this a semi naked River Song was in the trailer (Yes, I know she probably will have some clothes on because it's a family show.) I suppose he's going to marry and have implied sex with her in season 6. I know it will presumably be meaningful sex but I don't want the Doctor to do it with anyone.

Moffat's been obsessed with the Doctor bonking in retrospect forever. There were all the dancing references in TEC/TDD. He tried to marry the Doctor off in The Curse of the Fatal Death to Emma. (I agreed with the Master; Emma wasn't particularly firm.) Ironically I'd take the end of the joke version over any of Moffat's real romances; at least female Doctor and reformed Master have loved each other (platonically) for years. It's a darn sight more believable then the Doctor screwing around.

My boyfriend and his family told me it is only a TV show. Logically they are right but they don't understand.

I have loved Doctor Who since Castrovalva Episode 1. Moffat is ruining my favourite show that I've loved for years and years. That's why I resent him and wish he would get lost. He's depriving me. I know logically he doesn't make the show for me but emotionally I still dislike him for what he's doing.

Even though the Cavaliers and the Nazis and the Doctor imprisoned looked good in the trailer, the fact that River Song is going to feature in season 6 completely puts me off.

I suppose by Easter I will be able to face watching the show; otherwise it might be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

I know everyone else seems to think Moffat is the greatest thing since sliced bread and the sun shines out of his rear end but I'm entitled to my opinion as much as anyone else. The sycophancy would annoy me even if I didn't dislike him.

CaptainWacky

It's not like he came running out with his trousers down to his ankles then when Marilyn called him said "excuse me, something's COME UP!"

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Does she expect the Doctor to be a sexless, emotional cripple? Its emphasized time and again that he's the last of his race, 900+ years old and EXTREMELY lonely.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well as I said in the same thread,..

So Who is too sexed up now?

Didnt the 1st Doctor travel with his grandaughter? The result of him having sex and one of his kids having sex? Thats like sex squared, straight off the bat!

Didnt the 2nd Doctor travel with a young woman in a skin tight catsuit with no VPL, and a young boy in a kilt.

Didnt the 3rd Doctor travel with a young woman with many low cut tops?

Didnt the 4th Doctor travel with a young girl in a leather bikini?

Didnt the 5th Doctor travel with a young girl with massive cleavage, and in fact died under that cleavage, leaving the 6th Doctor to inherate the same cleavage?

Didnt the 7th Doctor travel with a young red head girl in tight clothes?

The new series hasnt sexed up Who, its just buisiness as usual.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Well yes, I mean of course The Doctor has always had sexy companions (but why they put Bonnie Langford on that list...), but really The Doctor's relationship with them should always always be platonic. It's just... icky otherwise. It's why Amy kissing The Doctor and him going "BUT YOU'RE HUMAN THAT'S DISGUSTING" was totally the right move.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
How does that girl have a boyfriend?

CaptainWacky

By "boyfriend" she probably means "David Tennant".

whisky

Boobie inspector
Yeah I was clutching at straws with Bonnie Langford, but for 7 its either her or Ace, and you would struggle to find her clothes sexy, plus the red hair ties her loosely in with Amy.

I did also wonder what someone who seems to hate even the idea of sex so much has a boyfriend for.