Doctor Who Season OR SERIES 13

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I certainly found a lot of stuff RTD did obnoxious (the endless "ooh I'm going to die soon" thing with Tennant comes to mind! And Rose having a Doctor Sex Clone) but compared to Chibbers this is going to be a massive step-up. RTD actually knows how to, like, write a story, which it turns out is pretty important! And he's already successfully relaunched Doctor Who once.

And we also have Moffat's 2028 return to look forward to!

CaptainWacky

I know it's completely unfair to judge a whole series on a 20 second "trailer for the trailer" type thing but this looks bad.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It just seems to have the same scent as the rest of the Jodie episodes.

Thankfully there are only 8 of them (although there are 3 Christmas specials so we'll probably watch her regenerate for hours and hours).

Can we just pretend Capaldi didn't regenerate and have RTD write for him?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well I'm hoping he'll be back for the 60th, we already know 9 won't be back, would be interesting to see him interact with ten and 11.

The Question

Eternal
I know it's completely unfair to judge a whole series on a 20 second "trailer for the trailer" type thing but this looks bad.

Oh, good. The Pandorica omni-standoff again, but with much, much less talent this time.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

CaptainWacky

Finished filming the current series, I take it? There's still all the specials to go (I honestly have completely lost track of how many episodes she has left.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Apparently the specials are done too, that's why all the hoopla tweets.

I'd bet they filmed her half of the regeneration, and they'll film the other half whenever they pick the next Doctor.

CaptainWacky

I can barely understand John Bishop, I wonder how Americans will cope...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I've been not understanding Jodie since her first episode. They really need to rethink their obsession with region-specific dialects and just let the lines be comprehended by the most people.

CaptainWacky

HEY LET'S NOT THROW THE CAPALDI OUT WITH THE BISHOP WATER.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
But I never had a problem understanding Capaldi, because there is a skill to using a dialect without being swallowed up by it in a fit of method-acting accuracy.

Doctor Who is a larger than life show, it doesn't have to be produced like a naturalistic procedural (which is what the Jodie era has been).

whisky

Boobie inspector
I think you might struggle with my accent too, it's not a million miles fr hera.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It happens everywhere. In the HD era, directors seem to be fine with actors mumbling into their chests because the shots are more intimate (and BARELY LIT JESUS TURN THE LIGHTS ON WILLYA?)

Old man rant over.

whisky

Boobie inspector
When the best thing about an episode is the TARDIS door being in the wrong place, then it's a bad episode.

I can't remember the last time I was I was less looking forward to a new series of doctor who, it's hard to have such low expectations and still have an episode not reach them, but somehow it manages to pull it off.

CaptainWacky

John Bishop was out-acted by a man dressed as a dog.