Donovan?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
have you already watched the Ralph Fiennes version of Coriolanus?

[YOUTUBE]bsYrGIQnmxo[/YOUTUBE]

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
he's not returnig until all the kudzu is cleared
Thank you so much for informing me! Why, I would probably have continued to post to him without realizing that he's gone and made a fool of myself in the process! (no, don't say it.)
Seriously, thanks, sweetheart :heart:

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I'm not gone, I'm simply not interested in posting the stupid shit that makes up TK regular fare right now. If somebody on the exec staff wanted to foment some chaos or clean out the kudzu they should give me access to the daycare switch. I'd fill that fucker up quick.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
He's good at that. Looks like the soapbox is superglued to his feet.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Could I please have a semi-adult conversation without bickering? Just once, pleasessss?

jack

If you're talking to both of us, fine. If you're just talking to me, piss up a rope and fuck off.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
When I mean somebody in particular, I use "^" or indicate it by mentioning them by name. Did my above post in any way exclude anyone or single you out? No? Then ffs look who you're talking to and reign in your sensitivity.

jack

It rubs the lotion on it's skin.

My bad.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
I saw Fiennes performing the role of Prospero in The Tempest at the Haymarket last summer in London. He gave a rather uninspired performance, frankly. :S:

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I wasn't talking to anyone in particular, maybe it's just that some have a guilty conscience. This film completely escaped my notice, I don't think it made much of a splash here. I'll have to check the Redbox for it, but the reviews slammed it pretty hard.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Hey Jack: daycare, motherfucker. Indefin itely.
LOL

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
I saw Fiennes performing the role of Prospero in The Tempest at the Haymarket last summer in London.
When you tell stuff like this, I am torn between hating you and finding you so fucking cool I consider marrying you and having your babies...

oh who am I kidding. I could never hate you :wub:

He gave a rather uninspired performance, frankly. :S:
Funny enough, that doesn't surprise me. In my mind, Fiennes is one of those actors who either excel or completely suck at performing, depending on how much he is interested/involved. Bale is another one. Of course, I am a total ignoramus when it comes to assessing quality of acting - my single criterion is if performance grips me or not.

This film completely escaped my notice, I don't think it made much of a splash here. I'll have to check the Redbox for it, but the reviews slammed it pretty hard.
I don't know about the overall quality of the movie (and I usually don't listen to film critics), but there is something I found disturbing/majorly impressive which, of all people I know, you (and possibly Dual and FBI) I reckon would be most appreciative about. I won't get more specific so as not to affect your perception in case you do watch that film, but it sure taught me a lot about the genius of old Will. ;)

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I'll find it and get back to you. A lot of the quality of a good Shakespeare production is the ability of the actors to make it work.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
yeah, I've seen most of the well-known adaptions, mainly the Kenneth Branagh ones, of course. As with most classics, it's pointless when the movie doesn't make you forget that it is, well, an adaptation of a classic. The moment I watch it for its story rather than the literary value of the original is when I know the actors and director did well. It's the main reason I love Knightley's Pride and Prejudice.

Coriolanus has never been even remotely among my favorites of Shakespeare, but this movie made me reread it, and that's saying a lot considering the piles of books-to-read on my bedstand.

jack

jack