DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
A common device in my dreams is the military. And housing. Last night we were all piled into a somewhat improvised barracks/dorm. I got assigned fairly late so there were only a few beds left. I picked the one I liked best, only to get there and realize it was actually a kind of bench/coffee table. By this point a couple (and their infant?) had taken the last other bed. So I'm resigned to sleeping on the bench but then I have to argue with the other guys that are sleeping in that vicinity. I was debating just sleeping on the floor. Then someone made the young family leave so I was going to have to move there.

Later, different dream, I'm in some kind of vehicle, wearing some vaguely MacArthur/Indiana Jones outfit--leather Air Force jacket and dockers. We're all lined up on the road, waiting to go...wherever we're going, but we're waiting for something. I'm a bit lightly dressed for the weather and getting cold just sitting in a car with the engine off. I'm considering whether it will be warmer to get out and walk around a bit or just stay in the car. And also trying to find out what we're still waiting on.

Mirah

I love you
Fell asleep watching the red carpet
Found myself in the best dream heaven I have ever been in ever. I had to wake up to my same small town boring-ness.

In my dream I was napping and my neighbor showed up with the cutest little baby, but like the size of a kitten, but able to just sit wherever-because she put it "wherever" There was also a kitten involved at some point-she put the baby in the window next to the kitten and I was like "aawwwwww" and I tried to get a pic, but it didn't work out so well.
And then as often as happens in this town-a parade breaks out and I' m like "Cool"

AND THEN the QUEENS SHOW UP. AND I'm LIKE WAY COOL! And I try running along side them to take pictures and my camera still isn't working. And one of the queens asks if they can borrow my camera, they are a friend of mine who has fabiulous nails and works at the bank. Okay, more like an acquaintance, but anyway He has my camera and he is plugging it in and the Queens are on break, and they are talking about the show tonight, and I'm so excited. and then I am walking around picking up remnants from the parade and before I know it I have this glitter outfit on and a super long glitter horse tail that I am whipping around.
And I'm in heaven.
Cut to me just running around having fun and then waking up realizing I was still in my small boring town.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Had a few pretty good ones last night. But the only one I remember is with the neighbor's horse. Horses are cool, right? I kind of take them for granted because they're domesticated and they eat plants, not meat, but they're pretty damned massive with powerful jaws and teeth and big clompers at the bottoms of their powerful feet. The neighbor's horse is a character. He knows what he wants. He comes over to get his head scratched a bit and see if I have any treats for him. Then he turns around to get his butt scratched. Well sometimes he'll nip at me or bonk me with his head--big hunk of bone on the end of a powerful neck--and I realize that if he wanted to he could actually hurt me pretty badly.

So in the dream he was being rambunctious and pushy and we both realized that for some reason the fence was down. So I decided it was about time to nonchalantly leave my pasture and maybe get in the house just about the time he decided it was time to come through the fence and get between me and the gate. So I'm trying to maneuver and project confidence so I can use thousands of years of evolution and conditioning to avoid getting killed. Not scared, per se, but deadly serious and very careful so the horse will remember humans are in charge.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Morning snooze alarm dream from this morning: Headed to the bathroom. Only it was the bathroom in my recently rented house. Did I just go there from work? (I work Friday nights.) If so, why am I in jammies and a bathrobe? Oh well, it's my house. No big deal. I'll have a bit of a nap and then go home. Then I hear the door open and close and voices. Crap! I rented the place. And it is April 2. I'm not supposed to be here. Definitely in the bathroom in jammies. Was trying to plan a way to sneak out when I woke up enough to realize it was only a dream, it was only a dream... But this was one of those ones where it feels real enough when you wake up that it takes a minute or two to process that it was a dream.

Mirah

I love you
I think I have to put this in my premonition dream thread-that I haven't created yet.

Last night I had a dream about a place I used to live in the mountains....

at the end of the dream we were looking through artifacts-covered in dirt, in buckets

and this haunting song with a very haunting voice came into my head,

it basically went like this, "One day.....I'll be warning them"

Let me see if I can describe how it sounded-like one of those James Bond songs in the beginning of the movies-and sort of like the eerie twin peaks song....

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was a detective with a hot female partner, we were staking out a hot female criminal, then the two of them started making out, they wanted a 3 some so I went upstairs, the two of them jumped nakes into bed, but I was disturbed by the dozen or so eyes wide shut cult types who were stood around watching. So the deed went undone.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Had a short snooze alarm dream where I was...dating? a girl and also had a hot girl roommate. Hadn't gotten into either of them's pants yet but I was up for either--or both. So me and the girlfriend(?) get home and the roommate is naked on the bed. The girlfriend actually seems OK with this--even interested--and the roommate says something about wanting a hot, sexy...woman. And it looks like the best I can hope for is to maybe get to sit in the chair and watch. But then I woke up and even that was ruined.

Mirah

I love you
I had a domestic violence dream the other night. I had remarried my ex and at the wedding reception he hit the wall. At first I kept silent about it as we argued more but then I just went around and told everyone. At the last table I told a lady looked at me in a way I can't describe and I sarcastically said, "Its my fault"

I say dream not nightmare because I didn't actually witness the hit on the wall, but he admitted to doing it. I didn't know how else to describe it. I probably read something on DV before going to sleep.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Had a good one 2 nights ago. Can't remember enough of it. Can't even describe it properly. Somewhat similar theme this morning, but this dream was much more straightforward:

So there's this...venue. Nightclub? Theme Park? Dunno. But I'm around it from time to time and there's a couple cute girls that hang out there who seem at least a little amused when they catch me looking at them. Then I'm out on a...hike? Up a mountain? I get to the top and realize to get back I'll have to go through the haunted house from the venue with the cute girls. Only I'm at the exit and will have to go through it backwards. I don't particularly like haunted houses or being frightened, so I'm not thrilled. It isn't open, but there are still employees in it. It is also a big enough attraction that you actually need a map to find your way through it. So I'm thinking how rarely a person actually uses a paper map anymore and getting ready to go in when one of the cute girls comes over, rubs my crotch and asks if I "want to play a customer." I agree so we head into the haunted house and she says "we're shooting," so I put my arm around her, pull her close to me, and get a nice handful of her boob. And then I woke up. Spent the rest of the morning trying to get back into that dream but of course I couldn't.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Didn't sleep well last night, I heard a voice whisper hello in my ear when we were both awake.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Fairly straightforward theme tonight. I'll mostly skip the details because I don't remember them that well and they are largely irrelevant: I'm in some kind of dorm or other depressing concrete block group living structure; just moved in. I've got a big date or something coming up so I need to get cleaned up in the bathroom. Turns out there isn't a bathroom on the floor my room is on. The rest of the dream revolves around my search for a suitable bathroom. I ask people but no one has any useful info. I did find one bathroom but it was very cramped, didn't have a mirror, and was possibly semi-private--belonging to a smaller suite of rooms. In the end the date-thing didn't happen either.

Mirah

I love you
Had my recurring "I work in a bank dream"
The cool part is one of the gals from that shark show was in it. Meredith I think.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Holy crap. Planned to go to Easter Mass today. Would have just enough time to make it, given when I got to bed and how much sleep I should need. BUT...I use a 15 minute repeating countdown timer on my watch as a snooze alarm. A lot of my more interesting dreams happen during this time and if I don't have anywhere I *have* to be and I'm still having dreams, I assume my brain needs to work on things and just keep snoozing. Had a doozy just before I had to get up. Thought about it and realized that 1) I've done Easter Mass enough times that I pretty much get the message 2) There is at least 1 evening Mass I can catch downtown if I decide I absolutely need it and 3) If I'm having wild dreams, maybe God wants me to pay attention to those instead of going to church. Anyhow...

I'm at some rundown house full of people. I'm either a guest, at a birthday party, or helping them renovate the place. We're talking about what they want to do with one of the rooms. Then everyone's gathering, including some girl I'm interested in. Of course for some reason I've managed to show up naked again. Everyone's being a good sport about it and pretending not to notice but I excuse myself as quickly as I can. Somehow I manage to wind up in jammies and a bathrobe while I'm trying to find my room back. The room where I thought I was turns out to be one I haven't seen that is actually in comparatively nice shape. I apologize to the person who is hanging out in it and try the one around the corner. This one turns out to be decorated for the birthday boy (who is around 20) but the door is just propped up and I almost knock it over. Actually the entry is quite wide and there are 4-5 doors propped up against each other and they're in danger of going down like dominoes or a house of cards when someone else comes over to help stabilize them. One of the doors has pulled down a banner and he's going to attend to that so I go see how the BBQ is doing (and no, there was no BBQ before but this doesn't bother my brain). Apparently it was a hit but there are still 2...chickens? Drumsticks?...pieces that didn't really cook right. While I'm figuring out what to do to make them edibile I realize one of them hairless evil looking cats is laying, gorged, in a pile of...chicken skins? I almost didn't notice him because of the skin color. Or are there 2 cats? I'm not sure. And now there's a dying pet rat or something that the hairless cat horribly maimed. It tries to drag itself into the bushes and now the cat has also gotten its share of injuries and may not make it and I'm trying to remember if this is somehow my fault.
Then the alarm went off and I woke up enough, trying to decide if I should get up or sleep more that I didn't have any more dreams (but I did miss church).

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I haven't been to Church in years and I was in a Christian Fellowship group in college too so I've heard the message plenty also.

I cleaned my apartment today and showered so in a way my soul feels cleansed anyway.

Mirah

I love you
A Bela look a like cat was in my dream last night.
And a red porch
and a long hosiptial like hallway
The red porch was cool, that is where I got to see and pet the Bela look a like.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Tonight, among other things, I had to come along with the property management company to do a repair for the new tenant. It was like one of those "spot what's wrong" games on the back of a cereal box. There were a lot of people there who weren't on the lease, they had a cat, I forget what else. Then we went down to the family room downstairs. I didn't remember that house having stairs or being a split level, but who could argue with my own (dream) eyes. And then one of the people I'd showed the house to and who had apparently moved in with my tenant confirmed that the split level was one of the reasons she liked the place (but that her friend she'd seen the place with didn't like.)

Woke up and eventually I was like "Split level? That place has a damn crawlspace. Pfah. Stupid dream."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Just off the hook, bananas dreams the past few days. And like sketch comedy: I'll have one short dream and then a completely unrelated dream after another with no real flow or narrative between them. Some good ones last night but sadly I can't remember them so to give you an idea of the content I'll share a snippet of one of the more boring ones from a few days ago that I actually remembered: We're at "M*A*S*H" and Col Potter is auctioning off 4077th items to bidders. Someone there is annoyed because they picked up something they don't have transportation for, so now they have to stay there until shipping can get arranged.