Drunk Stuff You'll Never Believe

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
I have an IQ that can't be measured.

I solved faster than light travel. Here it is, if anyone is alive when they really prove this true try to remember this thread:

The universe is infinite. That means from any point in the universe there is an infinite distance in any direction. That means all points are the same point. So, traveling faster than the speed of light is just a matter of realizing you are already there.

Go ahead, laugh - for now...

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
it's like I've been saying all along - the universe has no edge, man!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
That means from any point in the universe there is an infinite distance in any direction. That means all points are the same point.

IF the universe is infinite then it is an unbounded metric space. But the "space" within the universe is finite since the time it has been expanding is 15 billion years or so. Space is defined by the set of points it resides in. The universe itself may be an unbounded metric space but the planes of distance within "space" itself are finite. In an infinite universe you can still have expansion of particles which is what cosmology observes but it becomes pointless (excuse the pun) to attempt to measure the expansion of the universe because of its infinite nature. But expansion still occurs and any two bodies that are not held together with a force greater than the universe's rate of expansion will still grow even if the expansion of the universe does not.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Aaaaaaaah.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SPIN UP THE FTL DRIVES!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I can sing and dance, and be witty in social situations.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
If the universe is infinite then what does it do between Big Bangs? (I don't even know what I mean by this question.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It smokes a cigarette and falls asleep.