Dune Movie

StarMan™

I take it as a positive. WB already have Aquaman 2 waiting in the wings to disappoint. If they didn't have high hopes for the film, they'd leave it in the Dec slot to underperform without any promotion. They think it's worth holding off so they can get the cast out front and center promoting it.

This is my expert analysis.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I take it as a positive. WB already have Aquaman 2 waiting in the wings to disappoint. If they didn't have high hopes for the film, they'd leave it in the Dec slot to underperform without any promotion. They think it's worth holding off so they can get the cast out front and center promoting it.

This is my expert analysis.

The fact that Aquaman doesn't even have a trailer yet - and apparently they haven't worked out how the movie's going to end - when it's supposed to be out at Christmas probably doesn't bode well!

StarMan™

^Yikes!

And true, there hasn't been a trailer yet. We should have at least a teaser and probably the first theatrical trailer by now.

If they'd Batgirl'd the remainder of the DCEU line-up, or sent it all to MAX, would they have saved money?

CaptainWacky

I guess everything other than Batgirl had such big budgets that they had to release them theatrically to recoup some of the money.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

The three sandworms made me feel things.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG I just realized Feyd Rautha is Wil Ohmsford. lol

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I just realized: It's interesting, how doing a trailer for a book that was published almost 60 years ago differs from doing the trailer for something new. You don't have to worry about "spoiling" the ending. The goal is to pick the most spectacular scenes and show how awesome they are in your film.

As a caveat, I'll add that the way it is edited, none of the scenes spoils anything for anyone who isn't familiar with the book, but for people who know the book they go nuts over the awesomeness.

CaptainWacky

I'm watching The One Show just because Rebecca Ferguson and Florence Pugh are on it. I'VE GOT DUNE FEVER.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Loved Zendaya's look at the London premiere.

L9tZEqt.jpeg

CaptainWacky

You won't be laughing when the metal feet are on your neck.

CaptainWacky

Bump for anyone who's seen Dune Part 2 but can't find this thread. I won't be able to see it first weekend due to personal reasons, but will hopefully see it within two weeks.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I just hope they made some scenes that aren't... y'know... sand-colored. Just for a little variety.