Easter 2010

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Just got off the roof ten minutes ago from attempting to film the mega storm of fireworks, flares, bells and bangers simultaneously going off all over the island (and on Tinos and Mykonos which I can see from my roof) but I didn't get a great deal of it. I only had my iPhone in my pocket so I filmed it with that so the quality is piss poor but I tried anyway. Easter is a HUUUUGE deal here so it is pretty awesome seeing all the churches light up and everyone come down with their candles.

I uploaded a tiny clip of the very last of the main display. I might get all the other videos I shot and slap them together later.

[youtube]XQ_qBmEZHO8[/youtube]

lol the quality is super shit.

IT WAS MORE EXCITING EARLIER.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
So, are Greek Orth Easter and Roman Catholic/Protestant Easter all on the same day this year? Or are those strictly Roman Catholic fireworks, and you get to do this all over again next week? I remember my Greek neighbors roasting their pig on a spit in their backyard on a different weekend than when we were hunting for eggs and pigging out on chocolate...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Do they throw plates.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Funny. Americans will throw a party with fireworks at the drop of a hat: new years, fourth of July, frigging walmart openings. But not easter. You get chocolate bunnies over there?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I bite the heads off of my chocolate bunnies.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Just got off the roof ten minutes ago from attempting to film the mega storm of fireworks, flares, bells and bangers simultaneously going off all over the island (and on Tinos and Mykonos which I can see from my roof) but I didn't get a great deal of it. I only had my iPhone in my pocket so I filmed it with that so the quality is piss poor but I tried anyway. Easter is a HUUUUGE deal here so it is pretty awesome seeing all the churches light up and everyone come down with their candles.

I uploaded a tiny clip of the very last of the main display. I might get all the other videos I shot and slap them together later.

[youtube]XQ_qBmEZHO8[/youtube]

lol the quality is super shit.

IT WAS MORE EXCITING EARLIER.

Fuck off, and make like a typical Greek male. Get fucked up your asshole. No one gives a shit about Greece.