Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eloisel

jack said:
Other than that I'm lean and mean. How's my favorite female on the board?
Seen better days. Since June, Doc has had me emotionally swinging with bad news, then good news, then bad news, then good news. I told her to quit with the news, I'll change my ways already. I'm trying but it ain't easy.

Nearly wore myself out - doubled up on school last session hoping to be finished this year, we lost an employee at work so I've been doing two jobs since May, tried to make headway on my projects, then the old dog had a stroke and subsequent problems that had me going around the clock caring for him. Old dog is doing much better now, I'm off school this session as the last class I need to finish was cancelled, and the next due dates for my projects are far enough out I can relax a little until the end of the month.

Week after next, I'm taking a mini-vacation to attend the Rose Festival - literally stop and smell the roses. Been invited to a few Halloween parties this year. Definitely won't miss the Egyptology Society's big dress up affair. For a bunch of eggheads, they have great imaginations when it comes to costumes and the host and hostess know how to throw a fantastic party. The invitations alone are showcase quality memorabilia. Plus, Texas is beautiful this time of year - everything goes green again, the roses are blooming, the weather perfect. Lots of excitement - State Fair is on, holidays coming up, looking forward to people I haven't seen in awhile coming into town. I'm pretty happy.

What is coming up for you?

jack said:
I'ts been good. I got diagnosed as an "unaware hyperglycemic" so I have a new toy to play with, a blood sugar monitor. This stuff is fun though, I figured it out in a couple of weeks and havent run over 150 in 2 months. I eat better than I ever have before, and I've dropped 50 lbs since last Thanksgiving. I feel terrific.

Work has been fantastic. Management finally figured it out, as suddenly the workplace is less obsessed with meetings and more intent on action. The zoning for our majestic expansion is almost improved. It's a fun place to be these days.

btw, just to settle all the horseshit, the "broken wrist" shit that materialised over here about me being in an accident was a troll while I was posting with a shared Donovan sock at Comicon.

Other than that I'm lean and mean. How's my favorite female on the board?

you mean you've been diagnosed with unaware schizophrenic gnome disorder.

be sure to notify 'management' of this and maybe they'll take it into consideration for your redundancy package

eloisel said:
What is coming up for you?

Going to start traveling for work, it appears. At least once a month, and probably more after that. Joined a national organization for my profession, and have quickly helped them form a New England chapter, in preparation for a national convention occurring in Rhode Island next summer.

Musically, I finished summer school and am forming a new band. Just a recording project this time, just for pleasure. I have no idea how it will turn out, but auditioning people is always fun.

With the hyperglycemia, I'm forced to cut my carbs to about 30 grams a day, so cooking has taken on a whole new meaning in every sense of the word.

We had 11 gardens this year, and the harvesting has been excellent. Tomatoes forever.

Glad you're still here, I promise I won't disappear again.

jack said:
Going to start traveling for work, it appears. At least once a month, and probably more after that. Joined a national organization for my profession, and have quickly helped them form a New England chapter, in preparation for a national convention occurring in Rhode Island next summer.
Cool. What kind of convention? I'm hoping to make it to Sarasota Springs in November of 2007 for the World Fantasy Convention. I've not been up that way before so I'm thinking about taking a few extra days to have a look around.

Musically, I finished summer school and am forming a new band. Just a recording project this time, just for pleasure. I have no idea how it will turn out, but auditioning people is always fun.
That sounds like a lot of fun. What kind of band are you hoping to put together?

With the hyperglycemia, I'm forced to cut my carbs to about 30 grams a day, so cooking has taken on a whole new meaning in every sense of the word.

We had 11 gardens this year, and the harvesting has been excellent. Tomatoes forever.
Did you go the Atkins route or something else? Weight Watchers has an excellent plan too. When I'm following it, I have to eat a ton of food and 2 cups of low fat chocolate pudding everyday (only way I can get in the milk requirement), but I look and feel awesome. They have a plan geared for people who need low carbs too.

Tomatoes - one can never have enough. Stew, soup, bisque, ketchup, spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce for lasagna. If I can pry the kid's lasagna recipe out of her, I'll send it to you. It'll blow the carbs, but it is the best stuff on the planet. It can be a treat for planting and harvesting time when you need alot of energy.

We'll have to start a foodie thread. I'd love to hear what you've got cooking!

Great. I miss you when you're not around.

So you've finally joined up with a traveling freak-show. Roll Up! Roll Up! Marvel at the tiny cross-dressing wrinkled old gnome. It's neither man, nor beast!

no one's going to hear your 'band' Vap

hey, with the new diet you may make it down to the 400 pound mark. We're rooting for you gnomekins!

shame...

Saratoga Springs is really nice Wheezie. If you make it over there I'll come to visit.