Emo Marketing

I Love Cunt

Watch It
I am not sure how long this has been going on-but my first exposure was the other day at Hallmark-they had emo-cards. They didn't specifically say "emo" on them-but they didn't have to.
Then I went to Spencers-and they actually used the word "emo" on several items.
They might as well have sold fucking razors called "emo slashers" or something. OMFG!

Why? How? Why could they want to make money off of something like this? How could they encourage such a thing?

If I wasn't so apethitic atm and depressed I'd protest. But really I just want to slash my wrists right now and write some poetry. :D

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Remember "goth"??

The Dork Lord

Whipping Boy
ZOMG YOUTH CULTURE IZ BEING COMERCIALLY EXPLOITED AGAIN? :shock:

I saw this coming when Hot Topic killed the Punk/Goth mom n pop funny slogan shop.

Love Cunt said:
Why could they want to make money off of something like this? How could they encourage such a thing?
Because money can be exchanged for various goods and services, and having a lot of it gives one a sense of security.

jack

You'd be the kind of kid I would have punched out a lot growing up.

Lazy_Ghoul

I'm high
Y can't ppl just be normal like me?

jack

What would that involve, exactly?

Lord Raffles

Love Cunt said:
I am not sure how long this has been going on-but my first exposure was the other day at Hallmark-they had emo-cards. They didn't specifically say "emo" on them-but they didn't have to.
Then I went to Spencers-and they actually used the word "emo" on several items.
They might as well have sold fucking razors called "emo slashers" or something. OMFG!

Why? How? Why could they want to make money off of something like this? How could they encourage such a thing?

If I wasn't so apethitic atm and depressed I'd protest. But really I just want to slash my wrists right now and write some poetry. :D

That's so 2005.

Love Child

One Love
Fuck off Lord Raffles and Elrod!
I know what I am talking about-this is new Stuff! Not "2005" I am a Hallmark Card Conisuer-New Cards dont' just pop up without me noticing.
OK!?