Ender's Game - 2013

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/?ref_=sr_1

Slated for an 11-1-13 release. No trailer yet as of this post, but by the time some of the big summer movies come out, I'm sure we'll see one.

8757.imgcache.jpg

I've got mixed feelings about it on a variety of levels. I liked --but didn't love-- the book. It seems like great material for not only flick but a franchise ("Hogwarts in Space!") and even while I secretly hoped they'd cut or even drop certain elements of the story I disliked (i.e. Ender's siblings guiding humanity through the crisis by...wait for it...debating on the internet) it seemed to take Hollywood an awful long time to get around to taking advantage of this, and I kept wondering what the holdup was.

Now I know:

Orson Scott Card came to Lenoir Rhyne University in 2005 as the guest lecturer. He decided at the last minute to charge an admission fee of 20 dollars per person (something that no other speaker had ever done)and he spent the majority of his time railing against “the dreadful Gay choice.” He harassed people who walked out on him, and cut short his scheduled lecture by nearly 30 minutes. In short, a massive tool of a dipshit of a man.

I knew he was a Mormon and had heard minor things about his dislike of teh gheys but I had no idea, up until I'd read ^this, that he was such a sleazy Cock Nazi. Already I'm stumbling across calls to boycott, pirate, etc.

Old news, perhaps, but jeez...what a shame.

:tsk:

On a funnier note, the name of the actor who plays Harrison Ford's aide in the flick is Han Soto. :D