Ender's Game

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I don't care about this movie and I'll probably never read the book knowing that the author is a hateful lunatic, but I do enjoy Harrison Ford's disdain for all humanity.

[YOUTUBEHD]0OHtH_RWnZE[/YOUTUBEHD]

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I liked the kid's nervous twitch when he paused to let HARRISON FUCKING FORD speak.

I downloaded a sample of the book which I was thinking of reading after I finish Chapterhouse, but what's the author been hatefilled about?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I liked the book, I've read several in the series. That was before I found out about the raging homophobia. I still think the first 3 books are worth reading. Buy them used, or creatively download them IMO.

I won't make any effort to see the movie. I haven't liked anything Harrison Ford has been in in a very long time.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
You forgot when he pops his finger in Working Girl.

CaptainWacky

What about The Fugitive he jumped off a waterfall or something.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I quite liked Witness actually.

I also liked the first two books, then it sort of became Ender travels a bit and becomes a brain. Like 5 Go Mad in outer space or something.

CaptainWacky

What about Air Force One he was all "GET OFF MY PLANE" but they were in the air!

CaptainWacky

At least we all agree those Indiana Jones movies were terrible!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Can the first novel be read on its own? I mean, does it feel like a complete story at the end? After reading the Dune series I want to read a standalone novel. It's either Enders Game or Cloud Atlas.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Can the first novel be read on its own? I mean, does it feel like a complete story at the end? After reading the Dune series I want to read a standalone novel. It's either Enders Game or Cloud Atlas.

Yeah, you can just read Ender's Game.

CaptainWacky

FIRE EVERYTHING!

I like how the trailer is basically saying "haha, Asa Butterfield hasn't been nominated for an Oscar!"

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Based on that trailer, it looks like they're only loosely basing it on the book.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I liked Speaker for the Dead when I read it as a child, but I feel like I completely missed whatever message it was trying to convey.