Favorite three RPGs of all time>>>>>>>

Seph

Retired Account
1 . Blazing Dragons

2 . All the Monkey Islands (there all pure WIN)

3 . Grim Fandango

^there in no order, i love them all equally and cud not order them if i tried

have fun

:painkiller:

Ishcabittle

pools of darkness

fallout

baldur's gate 2

Seph

Retired Account
the only one i havent played is pools of darkness, which platform is it on ish?

the other 2 are CLASS :p

Ishcabittle

pools of darkness was the last in the forgotten realms AD&D gold box series, in order:

pools of radiance
curse of the azure bonds
secret of the silver blades
pools of darkness

by the end of the series you'd have a party of six all at around 30th level, and the final boss fight was against the god Bane - you literally had to take down a god to beat the game.

they were published around 1988 and onward for MS-DOS, but to this day my favorite RPG to slog through once every few years. it's basically abandonware now, so it'd be easy to give it a shot in DOSBox or somethin'.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I don't play any of those types of games and "favourite Zelda game" could be a whole other thread, so...

Seph

Retired Account
wicked i will take that recomendation, but i will play the other 3 chapters 1st :bigass:

Ishcabittle

let's not forget wasteland the game that fallout was the grandchild of - i played that game way too many times over on my old 8086 20MHz Olivetti PC (640KB of RAM!!! that's fucking hot!)

Seph

Retired Account
ps i was born ready for any rpg that makes me want to play it for 120+ hours thats wat im all about ish! :p

Ishcabittle

pools of radiance starts you off at level one, and it can be trying at times. if you do start there, make sure to make all of your characters human so by the time you've transferred them to the later games they don't have any level caps.

jeezus, now i want to play them again. apparently they're working on a DOSbox port for iPhone, if that's the case i may just play all of those old gold box games.

Seph

Retired Account
sounds like thats u sorted till new year mate :)

Seph

Retired Account
never played tactics ogre have clocked up about 500+ hours on morrowind with 3 different characters chrono trigger is also epic, i play that every year or two, never played Tactics Ogre, Whats it all about Dual?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
1 . Blazing Dragons

2 . All the Monkey Islands (there all pure WIN)

3 . Grim Fandango

^there in no order, i love them all equally and cud not order them if i tried

have fun

:painkiller:

These are point and click adventure games. Not RPG's. So I will choose my TOP 5! (iI'll choose as many as I want!) from both genre.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Adventure titles:

(no particular order)

Leisure Suite Larry

50892260523163926603.gif

Pretty much love the whole series except for the travesty of the newer one. They were immense fun and had fantastic humour.

Curse of Monkey Island

37786113415514697525.gif

Again, I love the entire series. Well...except for the 4th game but...whatever. The first three were genius and were ground breaking in the genre. Awesome. I'm currently playing Tales of Monkey Island (being released in chapters) and I highly recommend them.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

78819524513098733882.jpg

Yes, I enjoyed the sequels of the Broken Sword series but nothing ever topped the first game. I remember getting it for my Playstation and bunking off school to play it all day. Probably learned more about the world from that days play-through than I would have at school anyway. A truly epic game that will take you around the world chasing conspiracies and ancient cults and make you believe it all.

Grim Fandango

01094520566438572760.jpg

I have absolutely NO hesitation in heralding GF as the single greatest game of ALL TIME. It's just totally fucking flawless. You don't get entertainment anywhere near approaching this any more. Manny Calavera will always be close to where my heart used to be (in-joke for GF fans)

[YOUTUBE]3kVZ1sJZ9lo[/YOUTUBE]

Intimidating? Me?

Seriously. It's fucking amazing. The story is the best you will ever see and the atmosphere, characters, setting and voice acting are just insanely good. If you haven't played it then you're missing out BIG TIME.

Discworld

08180389619590298568.jpg

Rincewind. A seriously inept Wizzard. If you like Terry Pratchet and the Discworld series you're going to like the game as well. Simple as that. Another fantastic adventure from the golden age of adventure games. I miss the old days :(

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Front Mission 4

Valkyria Chronicles

Final Fantasy Tactics

Seph

Retired Account
1 morrowind

2 oblivionGOTY

3 Fallout 3