Favourite Lord of the Rings thing (book)?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Probably the end of the chapter ' Lothlórien' when the Fellowship arrive at Cerin Amroth.

"It's sunlight and bright day, right enough. I thought that Elves were all for moon and stars: but this is more elvish than anything I ever heard tell of. I feel as if I was inside a song, if you take my meaning." - Sam.

Or the Scouring of the Shire.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
TOM BOMBADILLO.

Tom Bombadil was the PIMP of the Old Forest with Goldberry who he basically took advantage of and now lives in a house not giving a shit about anything.

"Oh, what's this? A ring made out of pure evil that will let Sauron regain his power and take over middle Earth? I've seen better."

ALSO

CaptainWacky

Both awesome. I like to think that Radagast stayed in Middle Earth and lived with the animals forever and eventually married a cat or something.

CaptainWacky

But Shelob was the last of Ungoliant's children left to trouble Middle Earth.

CaptainWacky

I don't think old Tom would have to resort to rape. Some smooth talking and singing would do it. Hey ho...

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Well by whatever way they did it I think it's pretty safe to assume that Tom and Radagast spent most of their time in between giant wooden breasts.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I have a soft spot for In The House of Tom Bombadil as well. Lothlórien is different every time I read it and I love it for that. The Taming of Smeagol, The Choices of Master Samwise, Mount Doom, Many Partings and of course the Scouring.

To be honest I find this a really difficult question. LoTR is an all encompassing experience and it's hard to decide on particular moments.

CaptainWacky

TRUE. "It's about the journey," as Harry Kim would say. By the end you feel like you've went with them.

"Well, I'm back."

CaptainWacky

"For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

I looked the and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.

"I like white better," I said.

"White!" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."