Favourite Lord of the Rings thing (movie)?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Probably when the winged Nazgul is swooping down and grabbing people and throwing them to their death against the stone walls in the siege of Minas Tirith.

Or Boromir's death and the "my brother, my captain, my king" speech.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I liked the part when Frodo first puts on the ring.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I liked it whenever it seemed like Frodo and another hobbit were about to get it on.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Honestly, by the end of Return of the King, my favorite part was the credits.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Probably the start of The Two Towers where you're all "Oh look, it's a flashback to that bit in Fellowship. It was cool, but I already saw itWOOOOAAHHHH SHIIIIT WE'RE FOLLOWING GANDALF OFF THE BRIDGE HOOOLLLY SHHHIIITTT THIS ROCKS".

CaptainWacky

Yeah, that was awsomee.

I like the part where Elrond is telling Arwen what will happen if she chooses a mortal life and she sees Aragorn dying and herself lying down in the future.

OH BUT ELROND DIDN'T TELL THEM THEY WOULD HAVE KIDS LOL (oh Peter Jackson, you added some stuff I thought was slightly unneccessary.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'm still waiting for HEAVENLY CREATURES 2: CELL BLOCK H.

CaptainWacky

With Kate Winslet's tits?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Probably the start of The Two Towers where you're all "Oh look, it's a flashback to that bit in Fellowship. It was cool, but I already saw itWOOOOAAHHHH SHIIIIT WE'RE FOLLOWING GANDALF OFF THE BRIDGE HOOOLLLY SHHHIIITTT THIS ROCKS".

Got to be the best start of any movie ever. That gets my vote as well.

Theoden's speech at The Battle of Pelennor Fields is pretty damn epic as well.

Arise! Arise, riders of Théoden!

Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered!

A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Ride now! Ride now! Ride!

Ride to ruin, and the world's ending!

DEEEATH!

Lot's of cool scenes really. I like the scene with the hobbits being closed in on by the Nazgûl on Weathertop, the opening scene of FoTR with Galadriel retelling the history of the ring which was pulled off really well and all the Shire stuff which looked great. The scene in the Dead Marshes from the TT is another personal fav. Again, there is tons of great scenes to choose from. I'm not the most decisive person in the world.

CaptainWacky

Bernard Hill was great. Another classic death scene from him to go with Sean Bean's.

CaptainWacky

What about the lighting of the beacons.