FIGHT!

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
Julia V's Kevin FIGHT NITE!!!!!

So__i_herd_u_liek_Ruddkips__by_KoopaStyles.jpg

RuddGillard.png

"KEVIN Rudd's leadership is in crisis tonight as factional leaders and MPs urged Julia Gillard to challenge for the prime ministership.
The Prime Minister and his deputy are locked in talks in his office, amid reports that key Labor figures have lost confidence in Mr Rudd's ability to win the next election.

Ms Gillard has not yet made herself a candidate, but senior Labor sources said members of the NSW Right had agreed to support the push if she agreed to challenge.

The leadership crisis emerged tonight just as Mr Rudd appeared safe before the start of the long parliamentary winter break and as he prepares to leave for Canada for the G20 meeting tomorrow.

But there have been a fierce revival of complaints and concerns about Labor's collapse in the polls.

Labor MPs said the Deputy Prime Minister was “very angry” with suggestions that her loyalty had been questioned by Mr Rudd."

Damn I thought the special bulletin was massive terrorist attack on canberra :(

Yub

Anachrophobic
Apparently the only thing stopping Rudd from losing the leadership is Gillard herself, who has so far refused to challenge. Talk about hitting the panic button, ALP. Rudd been consistently shooting himself in the foot for what, months now? And you wanna pull an eleventh hour leadership challenge right before electioneering begins in earnest?

I guess we should all look forward to being bent over by the Liberals for four years. Thanks a bunch, Labour.

SuN

Publicity stunt to put an end to the whispering? He did speak rather confidently...convincing rhetoric etc

SuN

"Elected by the people to do a job, not elected by 'factions' to do a job"
Hmmmm Ruddkipz didn't get to where he is by handing out roses.

Damn, Julia looks shattered.....

I wouldn't mind Swany as deputy, he's kinda hawt for a politician...

SuN

Her husband is a hair dresser? wtf? What an asshole

SuN

A last, long, wrenching goodbye

"The party Kevin Rudd had led out of the wilderness 31 months ago had deserted him. Kevin07 was no more. Now, he knew, there were no more than 35 of his 115 colleagues who might be prepared to stick with him. Maybe fewer or a few more, depending on whose version you might believe, all of which would likely be suspect.
He had declared the night before he would fight; he would call a ballot and he would put himself in the hands of the party. But as the night wore on, it became apparent there was no point. A ballot would leave on the books a dreadful truth. He had no mates, or too few to matter.
And so he was a dead man walking. The destination was a party meeting that was nothing more than a formality; a ritual changing of the guard. No ballot.
The Australian people had elected him. The Australian Labor Party's fear of the Australian people had executed him.
Within two hours, a spectral Kevin Rudd - his security detail already moving from his office to that of Julia Gillard around the corner - stood for the last time in the prime minister's courtyard.
A couple of hundred journalists crowded close, intent on capturing the words of the extinguished leader.
Rudd's staff, all those exhausting days and nights behind them, their future uncertain, marched as a battalion in ranks of three across the cobbles, a guard of honour.
Rudd's family stood with him. Wife Therese, her eyes betraying a sleepless night. Daughter Jessica and sons Nick and Marcus. Solidarity, all of them wishing themselves elsewhere.

''I was elected by the Australian people as prime minister of this country to bring back a fair go for all Australians and I have given my absolute best to do that, I've given it my absolute all,'' declared Rudd.

He set off to list his pride in seemingly endless achievements. Keeping Australia out of recession, getting rid of WorkChoices, infrastructure building, the National Broadband Network, the education revolution, early childhood education, more university places, reforming the health system …
And then, as he spoke of building 20 regional cancer centres, his bold facade went to pieces. The voice cracked, stopped. The shoulders twitched. Rudd's eyes went to the sky. A silence settled over the entire courtyard, interrupted only by the click and whirr of camera motor drives and the cawing of a magpie.
Rudd pulled himself together, soldiered on. But he was struggling, the pauses becoming longer. His wife and daughter looked at him, forced smiles to their faces, willed him on. Therese edged a little closer, nodding in time with her husband's words.

Rudd reached the memory of the day he offered a national apology to the stolen generations, which he said was the moment of which he was most proud.
''What I remember most about it, for those of you who weren't here, was as the stolen generations came in from over there [he gestured across the courtyard], they were frightened,'' he said.
''Our job was to make them welcome.''

He could barely utter the words. The eyes welled, the silences grew, the crowd stood transfixed.
Someone bumped a large metallic sculpture in the courtyard. It tolled like a bell. But the bell had already tolled for Kevin Rudd, vanquished prime minister.
Rudd sought to rescue himself with forced jocularity. ''What I am less proud of is that fact that I have now blubbered,'' he said.
His wife and daughter reached and touched his arms, and son Marcus laid a hand on his father's shoulder. It got him through, and when this last long goodbye was finished, the media was so swept up in the moment there was spontaneous applause. Perhaps there was relief in it.
Within two hours, Rudd would attend question time in the House of Representatives. He sat at the back of the backbenches, determined to stay, hoping for redemption.
Julia Gillard stood as Prime Minister at the dispatch box.
There was not a tear to be seen. In politics, you cry alone - or, at the least, dry your eyes quickly."

So bitter sweet, a female PM...for a few moments...becoz already teh nation is pissed; and little ruddkipz...gone...the most popular PM in oz history.

Rudd reached the memory of the day he offered a national apology to the stolen generations, which he said was the moment of which he was most proud.

''What I remember most about it, for those of you who weren't here, was as the stolen generations came in from over there [he gestured across the courtyard], they were frightened,'' he said.

''Our job was to make them welcome.''

He could barely utter the words. The eyes welled, the silences grew, the crowd stood transfixed.

I wept a lil today; reminded me of Queen Esther 'born for such a time as this'

Yub

Anachrophobic
If only he'd emoted and spoken to his colleagues as much as that when he was PM, he might still be PM.

Yub

Anachrophobic
BTW, due to the events of yesterday, I don't have to decide about whether to not Labor gets the second spot on my ballot. Rudd had stuffed up badly, so badly this became necessary. IMHO it shouldn't have needed to be done, but the twin forces of no-one telling Rudd to check himself before he wrecked himself and he storming into Gillards office the day before the spill and accusing her of disloyalty while she was busy attempting to not challenge....Well he kinda brought this on himself. He wrote cheques he couldn't cash and forgot that Gillard was the main support beam keeping him in the PM spot...

SuN

!!! yep !!! If i vote, it will b below the line

SuN

yes this was one of the scandals