First Doctor Who set pictures with ~new companion~.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Matt Smith is hot.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Cassie....nooooooooo!!!

:p

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
So these episodes are after Christmas as she first appears in the Christmas special, right?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Exceptional tailoring in that second pic.

Good luck replicating that, cosplayers!

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
it's hard for me to muster up sufficient excitement anymore.THEY'VE DRAINED THE CARING OUT OF ME.

Sorry.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Fair enough. It can be a bit difficult to get excited when there's yet another cast change. I know it only happens once every two years or so, but it kinda makes you wonder what the point is in investing anything in a character when they'll be disappearing so quickly. It'd be ok if companions returned occasionally so we could find out how their lives were going, but they don't tend to.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Amy Pond was the HOTTEST companion.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm excited about the adventures and the Doctor, just feeling less inclined to get attached to another companion who'll leave just as we've started to really like her.

CaptainWacky

I'm sure it'll be fun. My only "concern" would be the story arc was getting a bit...convoluted. And I'd had enough with River Song.

I'll miss the Ponds but "Clara" could be good!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I agree with Wacky. The River Song character/storyline was just too much WTF for me, so I stopped watching.

Guess I'm still attached to the previous song and the fun he and Donna Noble had. Just a couple of best friends roaming around the universe.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I honestly can't think of a companion that I thought left before their time.

Well, maybe Ace, but that's because the show was cancelled.

CaptainWacky

Poor Martha.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I wasn't that fussed about Martha or Donna, but it would be nice if they showed up occasionally, rather than just having the odd reference to them now and again "oh yeah, I used to know a black girl...", "the victim was ginger eh? Ginger's one of my favourite colours. After Rose..." as if the Doc's cut off all ties with them.

I know that seems to be Moffat's attitude to RTD's stuff, which is understandable, but it doesn't create much faith that we'll ever see Amy Pond or Rory Bignose again after Clara shows up!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Its kind of the way it used to be though, back in the old days once a companion was gone, the next time you saw them it was either a multi Doctor team up, or a series of flashbacks on his deathbed.

CaptainWacky

I mostly liked Martha for shallow reasons, but she never really had a chance coming after ROSE and having ROSE referenced in every episode, and falling in love with the Doctor like ROSE. Plus Freema, bless her, wasn't exactly the best actress in the world (but she's improved now?)