For Eggs Mayonnaise: fanboi alert Elvis is in the building

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Coming to my city this year. Thought you'd like to know, the Rochester Jazz Festival is pretty fantastic and you ain't that far away...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Cool beans! I'd be interested in Bela Fleck and k.d. lang, too.

He's spending March touring Asia and April in Australia (interrupted by a few dates in Brazil in between), Rochester is his first show in America after that, so you will probably be getting a top-notch set.

My guess is he'll be making a couple stops in NYC after that (probably Central Park Summerstage), so I may catch him then.

He has such a cute website: http://www.elviscostello.com/#/dance-card

Donovan

beer, I want beer
The RIJF has some amazing headliners, but one of my favorite things to do is cruise the smaller venues that go all day long. There's so much music that literally sometimes it's just you and the band and a few people there. Couple years back our local DJ guy Wease went down to Houston and made a bunch of music connections, then brought them back for the festival. I don't know how long the Jazz Festival will last now Duffy's the Lt Gov, he was a big backer for it, but you never know...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
DUDE!! THE SPINNING SONGBOOK IS BACK! Hopefully he'll haul it up to Rochester!

And it turns out that Elvis is doing some other US dates in May, before the Rochester gig. In fact, he'll be in NYC May 22-23 at the Beacon, so I might be seeing him before you! :D

Donovan

beer, I want beer
The original Wheel was famously donated to the Hartlepool Museum Of Showbusiness Machinery but it has been meticulously reconstructed from the original blueprints.

I heard this is the same thing they do with Keith Richards.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
ZING!