Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For fags: Good news, and bad news.

BlazerBoy said:
If I had the choice, I'd be me. The nature of our existance means any number of things in my life could have unfolded differently, for better or for worse, were I to change something as integral to my personality as my sexuality.
But life on this planet would be much less complicated for you, wouldn't it?

AIDS and STD's are a part of life for everyone, even those who don't have sex at all. We all should be equally concerned.
MSM_2005Pie1.gif

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/facts/msm.htm

Life would be no more or less complicated for me, because I take any ostracization for my homosexual relationships no differently than I do for my heterosexual ones. Learning to deal with peer pressure and societal views comes from maturity, not ones sexual identity. Nobody has the perfect life, not even heterosexuals.

As for your last line, you are reading out of context again. The stats on STI transmissions between males is staggering, however I said they are a part of life for everyone. We all feel the effects of AIDS and STD's regardless of whether we are infected, gay, straight, male, female, black or white. Its a spectre that hangs over every single person born on this planet.

BlazerBoy said:
Life would be no more or less complicated for me, because I take any ostracization for my homosexual relationships no differently than I do for my heterosexual ones.
Are you telling me that you aren't ostracized by society at all for homosexual relationships?
Learning to deal with peer pressure and societal views comes from maturity, not ones sexual identity. Nobody has the perfect life, not even heterosexuals.
That's a strawman. I stated that life would be less complicated, not perfect.
As for your last line, you are reading out of context again. The stats on STI transmissions between males is staggering, however I said they are a part of life for everyone. We all feel the effects of AIDS and STD's regardless of whether we are infected, gay, straight, male, female, black or white. Its a spectre that hangs over every single person born on this planet.
With heteros responsible for only 8% of the transmission, that's hard to swallow (no pun intended, but who knows?!?!?!). It's far more likely that they themselves catch it primarily through someone having same-sex contact, if you look far back enough.

My care factor for this moment doesn't allow me to split my response into seperate quote sections, so use your inference skills to figure out where the stops are. :D

I'm not telling you that I am not ostracized by society at all for homosexual relationships. I'm telling you that It is my firm belief that I am no more or lss happy with myself now than i would be if i were one sexual persuasion or the other, not both. Bisexuals are unique in many respects, and no offense to you, but not being me makes it hard for you to understand my perspective on many issues, not just this one.

You find it hard to swallow that everyone should be concerned about STD's? I don't think thats what you mean, but it appears that way from your reply. I don't think any group should be "more" concerned about them than another should. We all are at risk. I see, touch, breathe, hug, kiss, drink, eat, talk, walk, ride, watch, and live with people every single day who could possibly be infected with any number of sexually transmitted infections, and I must make necessary precautions with all of them EQUALLY. I don't have any STI's that I'm aware of, but i also have to be careful with myself, lest I do, unwittingly. Everyone should be that way. Sexual Health is equally important, no matter which risk factor we fall into.

BlazerBoy said:
I'm not telling you that I am not ostracized by society at all for homosexual relationships. I'm telling you that It is my firm belief that I am no more or lss happy with myself now than i would be if i were one sexual persuasion or the other, not both.
Homosexuals are statistically more depressed than heterosexuals. Does CU ever mope about life? Nope.

Bisexuals are unique in many respects, and no offense to you, but not being me makes it hard for you to understand my perspective on many issues, not just this one.
None taken.

You find it hard to swallow that everyone should be concerned about STD's? I don't think thats what you mean, but it appears that way from your reply. I don't think any group should be "more" concerned about them than another should. We all are at risk. I see, touch, breathe, hug, kiss, drink, eat, talk, walk, ride, watch, and live with people every single day who could possibly be infected with any number of sexually transmitted infections, and I must make necessary precautions with all of them EQUALLY. I don't have any STI's that I'm aware of, but i also have to be careful with myself, lest I do, unwittingly. Everyone should be that way. Sexual Health is equally important, no matter which risk factor we fall into.
Everyone should be worried about STDs, but 59% of the population? They should be focused on more.

Think of it this way............... an extensive awareness campaign for homosexuals would reduce the spread of STDs by a maximum of 59%, but only 8% with heteros (67% if you count the 8% spread by intravenous drug use and homosexual contact).

I'm not a homosexual. I'm a bisexual. Contrary to belief, that is not a homosexual and a heterosexual joined together with some glue. Also, there is no definitive study done with any number of sample population, in any country, or any gender that I would conisder all inclusive, or even scientifically acceptable. Juman Sexuality is so varied, that nearly every sociological and psychological concept in it are referred to as theories and hypothesis, since a majority of them simply cant be scientifically proven.

On STD's, I agree that the higher demographic is in need of more attention, but my point is simply that attention should be focused on everyone. If 8% of heterosexuals saw a drastic decrease in AIDS related cases, that would momentous news, considering they make up a larger percentage of the population. I'm not just singling them out, either, If one group wins, we all win. Everyone is important to the fight.

Also, I'm glad to see I made it into your signature. I hope its in the right context, a word we keep revisiting this evening.

Yes. Its still the same game I started playing in 2001 when I got sucked into the MF!

We must find Uschi, or we'll never finish it!