Found my house

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Here...

It looks rough now, but I can see adding an above ground structure for "conventional" living, and my 8000+ sq/ft basement for when the world ends.

And no, I'm not really kidding. Just wish I had the cash...

Seph

Retired Account
i would have the sickest grow down there.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'd keep robots down there.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Yeah, I want a full-size Trebuchet outside too, and a bunch of half-buried pianos and mini's in craters near the front gate with a sign that reads:
"Siege Machine Hobbyist, please use the intercom before entering. You are now In Range"

Trebuchet.jpg

Seph

Retired Account

Mirah

I love you
Yes flowers, bean bags, and pillows would make it all more beautiful. Perhaps mirrors and bright paint. I looked at the website and the other locations. Some of them looked very nice.

Mirah

I love you
I spent some time at a place that had an underground shelter. It had tunnels leading from a boiler room, so the halls were nice and warm. I would sit in the tunnels whenever I was feeling depressed.

I prefer the outdoors.

I have always liked the concepts of caves. When I see those shelters I think of creepy people who keep children and do creepy things.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
What about people who keep naughty women, and do creepy things that those naughty women secretly crave to be done to them?

mmmm???

Cinch

Axe Wielding Maniac
I could do a trompe l'oeil mural or two. Any bunker is more hospitable if you "see" a beautifully landscaped courtyard or Parisian cafe. A few skyscapes maybe. Of course a few decades into the Apocalypse it might be more of a piss off than a comfort.

IMHO, doing naughty things to naughty and delighted women works just as well in a bunker, courtyard, cafe or under the open sky.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I wonder how much heating and cooling it would need since it is underground.

Would need air circulation.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Cinch: Would the zombies be smart enough to climb down the air vents?

You know zombies. They always find a way to get in.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
A few cans of "Zombie-B-Gone" at the vents should solve the problem.