FREE ROMAN POLANSKI?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Meh.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This would have been dispensed with quickly 30 years ago if, as usual, LA's law enforcement and judiciary weren't filled with such mind-numbing corruption and idiocy.

Not defending Polanski's actions, although I will if it will piss off some of the morally superior screechers out there. ;)

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
szd2bxz5ehcr1vc4fy7a.jpg

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
As I understand it, the reason he fled was because he plead guilty to a lesser charge than rape of a minor, but the Superior Court Judge wasn't going to honor the charge, and was going to sentence him to like 50 years in jail. So he fled the U.S. to France.

Whereupon, he almost imediately began dating 15-year-old Nastassja Kinski. He never expressed remorse, and in fact defended his actions by saying, "Normal love isn't interesting. I assure you that it's incredibly boring."

Normally, the statute of limitations would have expired long ago. But Polanski pled guilty, so the charges stand.

Still, I don't believe a judge will have any interest in putting a famous, wealthy 76-year-old man behind bars, even though it's what the law requires.

Bottom line, though, is that he's a sick pedophile who should have been behind bars this whole time.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
30 years later or not, he deserves the full weight of the justice system. Fuck him.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He is free, isn't he?... OH, they caught him. I guess Switzerland isn't neutral about raping 13 yr old girls!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's Charles Manson's fault. I bet he's laughing it up.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I have no sympathy whatsoever for pedophiles. Lock him up for good. Preferably with a few big guys who will make him their bitch!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
He got caught banging a thirteen year-old and then bolted from the country. Can't feel too much sympathy for him really. Read: None.

Does seem like a waste of time going through this whole song and dance 30 years later though.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I would prefer if he rot in jail the rest of his life. His kids are grown, so it's not like he'll be depriving them. Still, I doubt it will happen, inasmuch as the girl he raped has said she has no interest in seeing him in jail.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, the woman said she would stand up for him in court if necessary.

I imagine he'll be let off the hook, as celebs often are.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Any other jurisdiction would probably haul him into court, the judge would say all kinds of humiliating, angry things at him, and then he'd serve house arrest for a while and be done with it.

But this is Los Angeles, which loves to play "gotcha" with celebrities so that they don't look soft, and hates to lose or look foolish more than they care about the truth. Think OJ. Think MJ.

They railroaded Polanski after his arraignment, after cutting a deal. Having already experienced being railroaded by the Nazis and the Manson Family, he made a choice.

Yeah, he was a perv. And if they want to prosecute him for fleeing, he has it coming. But there is no reason to retry the old case, really. It would just be dragged out in the courts by both sides (the defense has plenty on the old judge and prosecutors), and he might even die before it was resolved.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
And strictly speaking, he isn't one. Pedophilia is about wanting prepubescent children. His incidents with the victim and with Nastassia Kinski involved girls under a legal age, but not prepubescent girls.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
13 is at the point where it's more than just ephebophilia, though.

There's a whole lot of difference between a fifteen year old and a thirteen year old, both mentally and physically.