Fright Night

SAUSAGEMAN

This is a movie. Targetted square at us, maybe?

Written by (that bitch) Marti Noxon (she ruins everything).

Starring Anton Yelchin (!), Colin Farrell, Imogen Poots (!!), David Tennant (!!!).

High school senior Charley Brewster (Anton Yelchin) suspects that his new neighbor Jerry Dandrige (Colin Farrell) is a vampire, after several disappearances in the area, and decides to investigate. After witnessing Jerry attacking a young woman, Charley enlists the help of Las Vegas magician and self-declared vampire expert Peter Vincent (David Tennant) to try to stop him.

It'll probably suck, but I have free tickets for the premiere tomorrow and I'll report back!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Well it must be good if it's released on Friday and this is the first I've heard of it.

At least you'll have Yelchin to ogle in 3D. Have fun! :)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think I saw the original many years ago (the plot sounds familiar) but I have no fond memories of it or "THIS WILL SUCK BECAUSE IT'S A REMAKE" feelings. But I'm only vaguely interested because of Imogen Poots and to a much lesser extent David Tennant.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
David Tennant looks the zexy in it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
They managed to release a trailer with Tennent only in for one third of a second, so I am not optimistic at how much screen time he will have.

CaptainWacky

Maybe he's completely naked in all his scenes so they can't have him in trailers.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Can't be worse than Arthur.

SAUSAGEMAN

David Tennant: A lot present.
Imogen Poots: Also. She hits a vampire with a spiky-ass flair.
Bechdel Test: Failed.
The movie: Eh, it was okay. If it's late at night and it comes on, don't change the channel,
Because: Anton Yelchin gets shirtless at the end.

CaptainWacky

I'll definitely watch now that I know it failed the Bechdel Test!

Cody

I dunno about the new one, but the old one was about as scary as transylvania 6-5000. In other words, hilarious.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I dunno about the new one, but the old one was about as scary as transylvania 6-5000. In other words, hilarious.

The new one has some scary bits(helps to see it in 3-D) and some good hilarious comedy bits. I'm not usually fan of horror type movies because they're usually too damn scary but this was rather tame on the scary and heavier on the comedy.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Friend and I are going to see it tonight. Woot woot.

CaptainWacky

MORE LIKE "POOT POOT".

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I watched the original for the first time in many, many years last month. Picked it up on DVD for £1.50!

It is very cheesy, & very 80's. Not sure it really even needs a remake to be honest.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The Conan remake is apparently quite bad, which is a pity for nice Jason Moomoo.

CaptainWacky

At least he's got Game Of Thrones season two coming...oh, right.

CaptainWacky

Hi, I watched this movie (the remake, since that's what the thread is about.) I enjoyed it! Obviously the lovely Imogen Poots looking lovely was a large part of that, but it was pretty decent the whole way through. David Tennant was pretty good playing Russell Brand (I wonder if they originally wanted Ole Russ for the part?) as well. Shirtless Anton Yelchin (he was good as the lead!) too for those who like that! SLIGHTLY ABOVE MILDLY RECOMMENDED.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It's a pity the scenes of Jedward puking up garlic couldn't be completed in time to make it into the final cut.