Game Of Thrones 1.3 'Lord Snow'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Arriving at King's Landing after his long journey, Ned is shocked to learn of the Crown's profligacy from his new advisors. At Castle Black, Jon Snow impresses Tyrion at the expense of greener recruits. Suspicious that the Lannisters had a hand in Bran's fall, Catelyn covertly follows her husband to King's Landing, where she is intercepted by Petyr Baelish, aka "Littlefinger," a shrewd longtime ally and brothel owner. Cersei and Jaime ponder the implications of Bran's recovery; Arya studies swordsmanship. On the road to Vaes Dothrak, Daenerys finds herself at odds with Viserys.

Looking forward to seeing Littlefinger and Varys for the first time!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
The final scene was awesome.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Jon Snow gets more handsome ALL THE TIME.

Thought it was a great episode, perhaps it's getting better every week. I know they are condensing the book for TV, but they're doing a great job!

Tisiphone

My nephew just started the series, but even he likes how they're staying as close to the books as they can. He thinks he's got a few things figured out though, so I don't want to spoil anything for him.

Tisiphone

I just IMDB'd Kit Harrington (Jon Snow). He's popping his acting cherry with GOT.

CaptainWacky

It was good, though it was more a set-up episode (but having READ THE BOOKS I know it was all needed set-up.) The actings seems to be getting better every week (and it was good to start with) and I liked that there were quite a lot of scenes of just talking and character development and background. Plus this will be the last episode that'll introduce loads of characters (there's still a few to come, of course) so in a way it will start FOR REAL next week.

Syrio (the "dance teacher") was perfectly cast and I AGREE WITH TISI that the last scene was great. It's a shame the girl who plays Arya wasn't even put in to consideration for an emmy (maybe next year?)

Tyrion peeing off the Wall was awesome.

Emilia Clarke seems to get more lovely every week, which is cool! I thought they kind of rushed that scene with Viserys a bit though (she's supposed to be seeing how pathetic he is for the first time.)

It's sad that Margaret John (Old Nan) died because she did a good job reading the story to Bran.

CaptainWacky

(Forgot to mention I liked Robert abusing poor Lancel Lannister.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Where'd they find these child actors? They're all really good, which totally goes against everything I know about child actors (that they're not really good).

Pity to hear about the old lady. I liked her scene.

"She doesn't want to eat horse" amused me. :)

The thing about men being filled with water sounded very Dune-like.

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]-TQKG6jhZJk[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

SHOCK TURNAROUND.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm glad this one got bumped, cuz I forgot to watch the video even after I said I'd watch it later well IT'S LATER NOW.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
[YOUTUBE]GC-ZmlwBWKM[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

Is there an Ocarina version yet?

Tisiphone

I'm sure that's coming soon.