Game of Thrones 1.4 'Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ned looks to a book for clues to the death of his predecessor, and uncovers one of King Robert's bastards. Robert and his guests witness a tournament honoring Ned. Jon takes measures to protect Samwell from further abuse at Castle Black; a frustrated Viserys clashes with Daenerys in Vaes Dothrak; Sansa imagines her future as a queen, while Arya envisions a far different future. Catelyn rallies her husband's allies to make a point, while Tyrion finds himself caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ON TONIGHT.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
HODOR HODOR!

The show keeps getting better. I'm really loving Kit Harington as Jon Snow, and the guy playing Samwell did a good job too.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I caught the first 25 minutes, then the last five, so I'll have to catch up on the repeat.

CaptainWacky

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I have freesat... Which means no Sky of any description whatsoever...

But I did see every episode of DS9 for free!

CaptainWacky

I'm sure it'll be on DVD at some point in human history!

CaptainWacky

Yeah, it was good. Some of the info-dump bits were a bit blatant (the Tyrion/Theon conversation and Viserys talking about dragons) so maybe it's getting a bit talky for non-readers, BUT I know next week's will be ACTION PACKED since it's got to the point in the book where the action starts.

They didn't really show much of the tournament at all but I assume we'll see more next week. Bit disappointed that they gave the explanation of the Hound's scars to Littlefinger rather than have the Hound tell Sansa himself LIKE IN THE BOOK, because the book version was Sansa's best scenes in the first book.

I thought they guy playing Sam was good. He was funny without being too annoying and handled the serious stuff well too. I think all the Jon stuff and his friendships on the Wall feels quite natural and has been well done. And we finally saw Ghost again! That was cool.

ALSO, HODOR. PAY ATTENTION TO HODOR.

The last scene was good and I think the actress playing Cat is doing a good job EVEN IF SHE'S TOO OLD (they made Ned older because Sean Bean's older than the character in the book so it's not her fault.) Poor Tyrion was confused.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Not a lot of progress seemed to be made in the story over all, but it was another entertaining episode and a dramatic closing scene.

CaptainWacky

I think once the season ends you'll look back on some scenes and think "oh, that's why that was there" maybe a bit.

Tisiphone

Bitch slap your brother!!! Loved that part. The look on his face when she hit him was priceless.

Needed more Arya.

And I'm in love with a bastard named Snow.

CaptainWacky

Do you think there will be Jon/Sam shippers?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't care so long as they don't start uploading their sick images to deviantArt.

Tisiphone

*shudders*

CaptainWacky

There literally are book readers who ship Sansa and Sandor.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I shipped them IN MY HEART.

CaptainWacky

ACTUAL WALLPAPER

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Beauty and the Beast looks like shit compared to this masterpiece.