Game Of Thrones 1.8 'The Pointy End'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The Lannisters press their advantage over the Starks; Robb rallies his father's allies.

FUN FACT: This episode was written by George R. R. Martin himself!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The title makes me happy. ARYA!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Arya wasn't in it as much as I was hoping for. :(

NOT TODAY YA FUCKING BASTARDS

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I hate being the first to comment on one of OUR shows, AND I THINK TISIPHONE DOES TOO, OR SHE'D HAVE MADE SOME BIG POST I COULD SAY YEAH WHAT TIS SAID OR SOMETHING FUCK :rwmad:

The girl playing Sansa is attractive. She has bright blue eyes. Still hate Sansa like SNAKES.

My memory of what happened in the books is nearly COMPLETELY gone, so that makes watching the show nice. It's like visiting a long lost friend again. OR SOMETHING FUCK I DONT' KNOW.

I get the feeling the relationship between The Hound and Sansa is being downplayed quite a bit.... but then again, we haven't really got to that part yet, so maybe not.

ANYWAY, I liked this episode a lot. Maybe next week we'll get more Arya, definitely getting more Dany next week.

Tisiphone

What Cassie said!!! LoL.

I wanna punch Joffrey in his weird face.

"I could cut through you five like cake!".

I can't remember the role Nymphadora Tonks plays. Yes, I know. I can't remember her name from the books.

Better have more Arya next week. Yay Ghost!!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I liked that they left it open for Arya's teacher to survive, EVEN IF in the books it says he's chopped up into little pieces and given to Ned for his prison supper.

Hmm. Zombies, eh? Wasn't expecting that and not sure I like it. Up til now everything that's happened has been magic free, aside from the dragons. We were even told early on that the Wildlings are just ordinary men. Still, the rest of the show is so good, I'm sure the magic zombies will be done better than magic zombies have ever been done before.

That "treason is treason" guy is such a DICK.

Speaking of which... odd driveby flashing scene with that guy who can only say his own name.

I liked it when Arya killed the wooden chubby kid. There should be a spinoff show where she goes around "accidentally" killing off lesser child actors.

I'm curious to see how they'll do the battle scenes, providing a battle takes place. So far the tv budget rarely shows.

CaptainWacky

Well we did warn you it was fantasy, Fuddlemiff! I think they introduce the fantasy stuff slowly so as not to scare people away. But the magic zombie wasn't a wildling. He was a man of the Night's Watch who went out with Jon's uncle (who is still missing.) He was "touched by the White Walkers" as Sam said and came back as a magic zombie under their control. The same thing happened in the first scene of the first episode with the little girl who the deserter saw was dead, then saw again with blue eyes like the zombie (they're called Wights in the book) this week. So you shouldn't be surprised really!

ANYWAY, it was really good.

"The first sword of Braavos does not run." They actually left his fate the same way as in the book. That chapter was from Arya's point of view and the last thing she sees before running away is his wooden sword being cut in two just like here.

The scene with Arya killing the stable boy felt a bit rushed. And he wasn't a very good actor (lucky he died so quickly!)

Drogo cut a guy's throat open and pulled his tongue out. That's pretty awesome. FUNNY HOW Dany is anti-rape this week after being turned on by it last week!

Robb was really good this week. You can see him becoming the Lord of Winterfell for real now. I liked how the Greatjon could see the funny side in having two fingers bitten off by a wolf.

Rikkon got lines! Was that confusing to non-book readers?

I wonder if Hodor's cock was real? Osha (THAT'S HER NAME TISI) liked it.

I'm glad they kept the hill people and even Shagga's "feed your cock to the goats" catchphrase.

"And this is Bronn, son of...?"
"...you wouldn't know him."

Sansa is so thick. "I'll be a good queen like you! I won't hatch anything!" But she was brave in the last scene.

Grand Maester Pycelle (yes I keep saying names of the characters) is a cock, yes. He's up the Lannisters' bungholes for sure.

CaptainWacky

Oh, I forgot to mention, I was impressd that they got Tom Cruise to play the Lannister scout.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I've been waiting for your comments ALL DAY :rwmad:

How can you have such an awesome memory? I bet you remember all those names without having to look at the character guide.

Tisiphone

I <3 Bronn.

CaptainWacky

NEXT WEEK: WAR.

[YOUTUBE]r4-xIfzxR80[/YOUTUBE]

Looks like we'll see some battlefield stuff anyway (even if most of it is horse riding.)

Tisiphone

But what is it good for?

Tisiphone

(sorry, I'm quite sleep deprived and have begun that nice spiral into hypersensitiviy and will no longer make any sense until I crash).

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I knew the magic zombies weren't Wildlings, I was just using that as an example. I don't mind the fantasy elements since they seem quite well woven into the story and they're not the main thing the show has going for it. It could work just fine as a drama without magical elements, which is what gives it the right to use them anyway. Not like Merlin or something where magic's constantly used to get the good guys out of tight spots.

Rickon talking could've been confusing if I hadn't looked at one of those character guides a while back. They've shown him in the background a few times, but it's been left up to the viewer to assume he's Ned's kid.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Westoros is a place where magic is sort of a fading memory. The magic is coming back with the winter.

Tisiphone

It's coming, MOFO

CaptainWacky

This time around, the weekly overnight figures are brought to us by the TV by the Numbers crew. It is the biggest number of viewers reached so far, and the largest week-to-week increase as well: episode 8 garnered 2.7 million viewers in the initial airing (2.715 to be really precise).

To complete the picture, Deadline.com provides the combined number for the night: 3.6 million viewers, or an additional 900,000 for the repeat.

THIS SLIGHTLY IMPRESSIVE INCREASE IN VIEWERS SHOULD SEE HBO RENEW THE SHOW FOR SEVEN SEASONS.