Game Of Thrones 2.4 'Garden Of Bones'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Joffrey punishes Sansa for Robb’s victories, while Tyrion and Bronn scramble to temper the king’s cruelty. Catelyn entreats Stannis and Renly to forego their ambitions and unite against the Lannisters. Dany and her exhausted khalasar arrive at the gates of Qarth, a prosperous city with strong walls and rulers who greet her outside them. Tyrion coerces a queen’s man into being his eyes and ears. Arya and Gendry are taken to Harrenhal, where their lives rest in the hands of “The Mountain,” Gregor Clegane. Davos must revert to his old ways and smuggle Melisandre into a secret cove.

Should be good!

CaptainWacky

Hope they finally take Vaes Dothrak out.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
IT WAS GOOD. Probably my favorite episode so far.

Joffrey is an evil little shit! Totally forgot about Mellisandre giving birth to the smoke monster.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Myself and a few of my friends are waiting until next week to do an all-nighter and do the whole of season 2 so far with lots of Doritos and Mojito's so I'm not allowed to see any of them yet. Can't wait though.

CaptainWacky

GOOD EPISODE. TOO SHORT. BUT GOOD.

Harrenhal looked good and scary! Qarth looked cool when the gates opened! We saw Grey Wind for like a second! No dragons though (I think the dragons are going to be all sickly since they weren't eating and that's why Dany didn't show them.) I like Dany she's cute.

I liked the Cat/Littlefinger scene. Good acting!

What the fuck was Margaery wearing.

Joffrey actor is good. Not sure if the Ros scene was really needed (NOT IN THE BOOK!) since surely we already know how evil he is. But I mean it was still a good scene.

Tyrion! Everytime I see Lancel I always think "who's she!?" at first.

Renly/Stannis scene was really good. Renly got some funny lines. Mel is hot and I'd put another Shadow Baby inside her, if you know what I mean!

BUT WHY DIDN'T RENLY OFFER STANNIS A PEACH. They even showed a peach earlier in the episode. FUCK.

Gendry getting saved by Tywin was good. "That one's a girl, you idiot." Love Charles Dance. On a horse.

Liked the Shadow Baby music at the end!

But the new Mountain wasn't scary enough. He looked thin. They should have cast THE BIG SHOW instead. Disappointing.

"He's been stabbing Renly for years and he's not dead yet!"

"There's no cure for being a cunt."

"Born amidst salt and smoke? What is he, a ham?"

"I would say I haven't harmed a hair on his head, but that wouldn't be true." (He cut his beard off remember.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Ah, I forgot he cut his beard.

Yes, GOOD EPISODE!

I know we've had dragons, but when it started getting all magicy at the end I was a bit weirded out! I think it's just that it means I don't know what the boundaries are anymore. Like if someone dies, for instance, I don't know if there's magic that can bring them back (just an example).

CaptainWacky

Well the very first scene of the first episode had a little girl brought back from the dead by White Walkers (didn't it?)

I think they tried to build the magic up really slowly so that MAGIC SCEPTICS would get used to it and then when they hit you with a big magic WTF like this cliffhanger your brain is more willing to accept it (while still thinking "WTF" because really she gave birth to an evil shadow baby.)

USUC

Trollzilla
I am completely embarrased to admit I used the term "craven" in a post yesterday. I blame it on wine combined with the fact that I'm reading the first book. I'm sooooooooo ashamed.

:eek:hwell:

CaptainWacky

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Ok, I loved it.

I'm so gload I wasn't the only one who forgot about the Smoke Monster. I was like wtf is happening here then OH THAT'S RIGHT RUN FOR YOU LIFE SHE'S GIVING BIRTH TO DARK SMOKE

Arya's list!

Bron has the best lines. He doesn't talk often, but when he does...

And yes, Charles Dance is a god. Everytime I see him, I think of "The Golden Child" with Eddie Murphy. He just wants the Yanti dagger.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I also forgot about Melisandre and the Spider Baby, but I'm getting increasingly sure that I only read maybe the first quarter of A Clash of Kings back in the day.

I was on firm territory with Craster and the wildlings and the red lady showing everybody up and the comet and stuff, but this episode was pretty much new stuff to me.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
They're compressing/changing quite a bit --nothing for the worse that I can detect, yet, but this episode's strayed farther than most.
They seem to be trying to make Jayne Westerling more compelling by turning her character into Florence Nightingale and her relationship with Robb into a classic war romance. In the book her character's little more than a doe-eyed waif from an old, small but prestigious Westerlands family that's long been eclipsed by Lannister glory. I thought I heard her say on the show that she was from...Volantis? So that adds a new wrinkle. Whatever the case, I hope they keep her nymphoid qualities. :atongue:

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
And yes, Charles Dance is a god. Everytime I see him, I think of "The Golden Child" with Eddie Murphy. He just wants the Yanti dagger.
It's always weird to me when you see guys like him in films like that. "Your Highness" was especially disconcerting, because there's more than just him (I remember thinking, "what the fuck is Dick Winters from Band of Brothers DOING is this thing?!?)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Did anyone watch South Park last night? Mr Garrison taught the history of GoT!

[YOUTUBE]8pAAztk3Zcc[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

That Cartman!