Game Of Thrones 2.5 'The Ghost Of Harrenhal'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The end of the Baratheon rivalry drives Catelyn to flee and Littlefinger to act. At King’s Landing, Tyrion’s source alerts him to Joffrey’s flawed defense plan and a mysterious secret weapon. Theon sails to the Stony Shore to prove he’s worthy to be called Ironborn. In Harrenhal, Arya receives a promise from Jaqen H’ghar, one of three prisoners she saved from the Gold Cloaks. The Night’s Watch arrive at the Fist of the First Men, an ancient fortress where they hope to stem the advance of the wildling army.

Should be good!

CaptainWacky

Just looking at promo pics...

Why would you let that guy touch your hand, Dany.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Oh is that in the City?

What fun. My Khaleesi is pretty but she won't show her dragons til its time.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
So are we supposed to know why she won't show them the dragons yet?

The only thing I could think of besides some kind of ZOMG INTRIGUE was that they might be too small and unimpressive, but it seems like that would be pretty evident since the cages were right behind her.

(sorry for not having read the book.)

jack

Because they would take the dragons and kill her and her group, silly.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I think it was Wacky who speculated that the dragons were weak due to the lack of food or water, so on top of being babies, they would've looked even less impressive/scary.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I am SQUEEEING in anticipation.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Potential Spoiler, so I tagged it - not watching the series yet! It might be this is already revealed.

Pyat Pree looks very Bram Stoker, but then the House of the Undying could be seen in that context. Has she been through the House yet?

There were so many visions in the House of the Dying that I wondered how on earth he is going to show them all to be true. Does he just put weird shit together and hope he can weave it in later? I give you the Red Wedding prophecy, but some of the other stuff?

AND THEN THERE WAS A FIREWORK WHICH TURNED INTO A PENIS WHICH ENTERED THE WOLF'S MOUTH BEFORE TURNING INTO A DWARFS MISSING NOSE!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I loved every minute of this episode.

I'd totally forgotten about Arya and the three names. I love it when that happens and then I have a flash to what I loved so much about the books. Arya's story is probably my favorite, and I'm so happy they're finally getting to her interesting stuff.

jack

Yeah that one broke with a vengeance, didn't it?

Best episode yet after Stark's beheading.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
BRIENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That scene was awesome.

Gotta agree with Cassie about Arya's story. She's and Tyrion are the two I look forward to seeing the most, and they never disappoint.

I think the only weakest part of this episode are the scenes with Jon Snow and the Wall men right now, but that looks to amp up quite a bit for next week.

Why is that one girl jealous of Dany's other girl? Does she think she's overstepping her place or something? IS IT KNOWN why I should know...

CaptainWacky

Potential Spoiler, so I tagged it - not watching the series yet! It might be this is already revealed.

Pyat Pree looks very Bram Stoker, but then the House of the Undying could be seen in that context. Has she been through the House yet?

There were so many visions in the House of the Dying that I wondered how on earth he is going to show them all to be true. Does he just put weird shit together and hope he can weave it in later? I give you the Red Wedding prophecy, but some of the other stuff?

AND THEN THERE WAS A FIREWORK WHICH TURNED INTO A PENIS WHICH ENTERED THE WOLF'S MOUTH BEFORE TURNING INTO A DWARFS MISSING NOSE!

Hasn't been through the house yet. Will probably be at the end of the season.

I can't remember if you've read A Dance With Dragons or not, but some of the House of the Undying stuff comes up in that. Like her seeing Aegon. And the dead man on the ship's prow is probably Victarion. And the "mummer's dragon" could mean something (again I can't remember if you've read it so don't want to say.)

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Why is that one girl jealous of Dany's other girl? Does she think she's overstepping her place or something? IS IT KNOWN why I should know...
The weird thing is that, IIRC, Doreah (?) is supposed to have bought it in the Red Waste. What they're going to do with her alive & well in Qarth is anybody's guess.

Best line of the ep:

"Enough. Even torturing you is boring."

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
The weird thing is that, IIRC, Doreah (?) is supposed to have bought it in the Red Waste. What they're going to do with her alive & well in Qarth is anybody's guess.

Best line of the ep:

"Enough. Even torturing you is boring."

I also liked the stuff about Joffrey being the dancing king and Tyrion being the demon monkey.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
I also liked the stuff about Joffrey being the dancing king and Tyrion being the demon monkey.
That, and Bronn's long discourse on what would happen when a bunch of green* soldiers tries to defend the city with wildfire. Sounded to me like the longest bit of dialogue they've yet given him, and funny as hell.

*I wonder if they'll make wildfire green, like in the book...not a dealbreaker for me, but it'd be kinda nifty...then again, we've already seen green fire in the Harry Potter flicks, so maybe they'll avoid that.

CaptainWacky

GOOD EPISODE.

Renly's death...it was good but much better in the book. Brienne just kind of standing there for a few seconds while the shadow monster stabbed him was a bit off. But the fighting after was good. I liked the scene with her pledging herself to Cat as well.

I like the Jaqen H'Ghar actor. I know The Tickler didn't die in the book that way, but it probably doesn't matter. Scene with Arya and Tywin was good too.

Loved the dragon cooking its own meat! And Dany's dress.

Why was Margaery wearing an ice cream cone?

Iceland looks good. The Fist Of The First Men was a cool location but I suppose I imagined it being more like Weathertop (more than just a few stones.)

Quaithe's mask...wasn't how I imagined it.

Rickon lol.

CaptainWacky

Yes Doreah died in the Red Waste in the book...but the actor who plays Rhakaro wasn't available so they killed him instead (he's still alive in the books.) Plus the actress who plays Doreah is really hot and Jhiqui hasn't appeared in the show since her first episode.