Game Of Thrones 2.7 'A Man Without Honour'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Jaime meets a distant relative; Dany receives an invitation to the House of the Undying; Theon leads a search party; Jon loses his way in the wilderness; Cersei counsels Sansa.

Should be good!

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
5312.imgcache.gif

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Should be good!

(But not as good as last week!)

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Jon Snow is a right Bastard.

Seriously, having just finished Book V.1 he really is a main part and should be watched with interest.

I suspect GRMM is a bastard as well. That way he has empathy.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I reckon GRRM was an orphan left by the side of some train tracks and was raised by a pack of train drivers (I think that's the technical term). It'd explain the getup.

CaptainWacky

If we don't hear "you know nothing, Jon Snow" this week then the show is officially dead to me.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW! I love the chick playing Ygritte.

Also... they're veering further from the books with each episode, imo. I love the Arya and Tywin scenes, but it's because of the actors, not the story. I don't know where they could be heading with that. And the Dany stuff didn't happen that way in the books either.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I can't remember who the hell the chick with the jeweled mask is! Fuck a duck.

"Is that a woman?" Hahahaha.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Poor Alton.

Also, I'm growing a little concerned that there's been NO reference to Tyrion getting the blacksmiths of Kings Landing to forge his chain for the upcoming Battle of the Blackwater.

WILL THERE BE NO TYRION'S CHAIN???

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Poor Alton.

Also, I'm growing a little concerned that there's been NO reference to Tyrion getting the blacksmiths of Kings Landing to forge his chain for the upcoming Battle of the Blackwater.

WILL THERE BE NO TYRION'S CHAIN???

Yeah there needs to be a reference to Tyrion's chain for some nice puns.

Soldier/random person: I'm just yanking your chain.
Tyrion: Noone yanks my chain but me.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Excellent episode! Pretty much every scene was riveting in its own way, with the exception of Dany's, up until the cool bit with the magician dude.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh and the ending was hardcore regardless of it not really being them. The fact that he's murdering and burning kids at all is horrifying. He's even more of a hate figure than Joffrey now!

CaptainWacky

So I don't want to be one of those people who complain about changes to the book, because so far most of the changes haven't been too bad and many have been necessary in translating the book to tv. Even annoying ones like giving The Hound's story to Sansa to Littlefinger last season didn't actually change the story or characters much so I was fine with them.

But I do think the Jaime murdering his cousin scene was a bad idea. I mean it was brilliantly acted and everything, but book Jaime just wouldn't do that. And I know the show and the book are different, but they seem to be sticking close to the book for the rest of his story so changing his character like this could introduce problems later (but can't say much more because of spoilers.) It's like they thought "well Jaime pushed Bran out of a window so let's have him do something else shocking and evil!" But he did that to protect Cersei and it's a lot different to brutally murdering his cousin. Killing guards on the way out, fine, but that was too far. It's just annoying because the show seems to be missing some of the subtleties of the characters. Which is understandable because it's a tv show and not a book, but actually adding stuff so out of character doesn't help.

So I know how True Blood fans feel when they complain about the show "ruining" Eric I guess!

Anyway, it was a good episode as always since it's so well acted and even though it was talky for the first half it then went crazy with the Pyat Pree murders (and I don't mind that change at all.)

Why didn't HBO submit Charles Dance for best supporting actor?

Shame about Bran and Rickon being murdered!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't know what Jaime's character's like in the book, but it is odd how they've made an effort to turn Cersei around from being a grimacing witch to being this caring mother who's just trying her best to get through a game she was born into, while they've made Jaime impossible to sympathise with.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Cersei has always been a fierce mother, but a huge raging bitch at the same time. I thought it was weird that they showed her and Tyrion having a moment, when she despises him.

CaptainWacky

Well in the book when Tyrion tells her about Renly dying, she picks him up and swings him around in the air hugging him. So they did have their moments!

CaptainWacky

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh that's awful.

*sends it to everyone*