Game Of Thrones 2.8 'The Prince of Winterfell'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
At Winterfell, Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort. Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him. Robb is betrayed. Tyrion and Varys find common ground. Dany ignores Jorah’s advice. Stannis and Davos approach their destination, and Davos is offered a reward.

Should be good!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Not one of my faves...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I need to stop wondering if that's how it happened in the books while I'm watching and just WATCH.

Tyrion and Bronn scenes were my favs.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Not as exciting as the last two weeks, but still better than most other tv shows.

There isn't really such a thing as a bad Tyrion scene, is there?

What's Dany actually been doing all week? Last we saw Creepy Geezer said he wanted to take her to the House of the Undying or whatever it's called, and now she's complaining that she's not at the House of the Undying or whatever it's called.

Fat kid can't act at all, and every scene is with Arya. Harsh!

Jaqen: The girl has no honour.
Arya: *shrug*

CaptainWacky

It was the "calm before the storm" type episode before next week's action. That meant most of the scenes were just two characters talking to each other, but really all the actors would have to turn bad for me to not enjoy an episode.

Tyrion/Cersei scene was good, though probably would have been better if we hadn't heard the "joy will turn to ashes" line in all the trailers. GOOD CONTINUITY with Ros having the necklace Tyrion gave her in the very first episode.

Liked Yara telling Theon how many stupid mistakes he's made.

I liked the Robb/Talisa (NOT JEYNE?) stuff and they got in some exposition about slavery that COULD COME UP IN A LATER SEASON and then sex and she had a bum.

I'm glad they put in the part with Sam finding the dragonglass and the horn because it's IMPORTANT OKAY (I think Ghost found them in the book but Ghost apparently just fucked off somewhere three episodes ago.)

I liked the Stannis/Davos scene because we haven't seen them for a while and it showed that Stannis isn't a total dick and gave some backstory (IF ANYONE CARES.)

Brienne/Jaime was alright.

The Lord Of Bones wasn't too much like Skeletor.

It was a bit silly of Osha to be walking around in daylight, really. I DOUBT anyone was surprised Bran and Rickon were still alive?

BATTLE OF BLACKWATER NEXT WEEK.

CaptainWacky

Oh, and not to be a THE BOOK WAS BETTER person but Arya's escape was much better in the book.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Davos is a great character, one of my favourites. Stannis - "not a total dick" is about right generally. In a sea of dicks, the one eyed man is king.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
And I liked how many times they said "cunt".

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Yes, I liked the Stannis scene and also Cersei's smug face.

Do you think the "cunt" thing was a stylistic thing? IIRC, this episode was the first one in which they dropped the C-bomb at all.

CaptainWacky

Yeah that was a really good smug face from Lena Headey.

I'm sure they've said cunt before (Rorge or Biter calling Arya "Yoren's little cunt".)

ANYWAY, I don't want everyone to get too HYPED for next week's episode in case it's a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT but it looks pretty fucking epic.

[YOUTUBEHD]t-zW1673sSg[/YOUTUBEHD]

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
TOO LATE, I am hyped.

CaptainWacky

I always liked the "these are brave men...let's go kill them" speech.