Game Of Thrones 3.5 'Kissed By Fire'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The Hound is judged by the gods; Jaime is judged by men. Jon proves himself; Robb is betrayed. Tyrion learns the cost of weddings.

HALFWAY THROUGH THE SEASON after this episode ARGH.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Amusing blurb. Should be good!

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
Nice job with the grey scale, but the whole Stannis plot line has gone pretty far afield.

Still, another great episode.

Yub

Anachrophobic
No Patchface. This season seems to want to rid of all the amusing characters. Even Tyrion is sombre. The only real diversion is the ability to see characters naked and woohoo
  • Yngrid, tits and arse. Yay! You know nothing Jon SnoooOoooOOoooHH!
  • Jon snow butt
  • Brienne has a nice tush. Pity Jamie's head prevented the boobies. Why?
  • Squire spy boy backside. Meh.

Littlefinger being creepy.I know he's yet to turn the creepometer to 11 so I'm steeling myself. Cersei's face where Tywin sez shut up you'll marry the obvious homosexual and you'll like it. I know that things are being engineered so has you not supposed to like Mormont, but damn if its not just so blatant...still I enjoyed the dialogue where he seemed to be taking Barristan's measure before riding off in a little huff.

RED WEDDING SOON!!!

Yub

Anachrophobic
No Patchface. This season seems to want to rid of all the amusing characters. Even Tyrion is sombre. The only real diversion is the ability to see characters naked and woohoo
  • Yngrid, tits and arse. Yay! You know nothing Jon SnoooOoooOOoooHH!
  • Jon snow butt
  • Brienne has a nice tush. Pity Jamie's head prevented the boobies. Why?
  • Squire spy boy backside. Meh.

Littlefinger being creepy.I know he's yet to turn the creepometer to 11 so I'm steeling myself. Cersei's face where Tywin sez shut up you'll marry the obvious homosexual and you'll like it. I know that things are being engineered so has you not supposed to like Mormont, but damn if its not just so blatant...still I enjoyed the dialogue where he seemed to be taking Barristan's measure before riding off in a little huff.

RED WEDDING SOON!!!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wish they could figure out a way to spend more time on each POV. :rwmad: Still, it was a good episode, even if they've changed Sansa's story quite a bit, and they're not spending nearly enough time with Dany, or Brienne and Jaime.

CaptainWacky

That was a really good sword fight to start. Though I thought the resurrecton was shot oddly. They should have shown that he was definitely dead and the actual moment when he came back to life instead of just having him stand there. But I think the later scenes with Arya explained it well enough. And it was sad when she was asking if they could bring back a man without a head.

The cave scene was good BUT it was another moment where I thought the pacing felt off the and limitations of the shown were evident. It was like "steal sword, you know nothing Jon Snow, oral sex, pool sex, we're in love now let's stay here forever"...in like a minute. They really need to give the Jon Snow storyline more time in at least one episode. It's like they have a clock up everytime he appears and they have to get rid of him before it runs down.

Sylse was crazy in the books so pickled stillborns wasn't too much of a stretch (though opens a possible plothole that I won't mention!) Shireen was really well cast and her scene with Davos was charming. It looks like they've merged her with Patchface which could work well! The shadows are coming to stay, my Lord.

Robb scenes were good but like the Jon scene maybe felt a bit rushed. Also I'm sure he justified executing Karstark quite well in the book.

I bet people are already shipping Dany with Grey Worm even though there's a pretty big problem there...

Jaime/Brienne scene was good...I mean maybe they should have done more to show he was a bit delirious with pain and that's why he told her everything but I think it worked.

SO YEAH GOOD EPISODE DESPITE PACING ISSUES OKAY.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Is there going to be one cunnilingus joke per episode now?

CaptainWacky

I'd be DOWN with that.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Ygritte tits: check
Ygritte ass: check
Ygritte moaning in ecstasy: check
Ygritte bush: WHAT THE FUCK!? I WANTED SOME FIREBUSH! KISSED BY FIRE MY ASS!

Seriously, when is a director gonna start telling Lena Headey to stop playing "caterpillar sex" with her eyebrows? Her mugging is beyond distracting. Besides that, she did a good job of wriggling in her chair like a spoiled, teasing sibling when Tywin was telling Tyrion he's gonna marry Sansa, then complete shock when her world is torn down again. I laughed pretty hard at that bit.

The Lannister/Tyrell tug-of-war with Sansa is getting old. I truly can't stand her character and they spend WAY too much time on that particular storyline.

I agree with Wacky about the pacing. Karstark beheaded, next day ALL the Karstark men are gone? wtf?

I'm thinking they're rushing things a bit because of what's gonna happen after the Red Wedding, but we need to feel something for these characters besides disdain for their consistent stupidity and annoyance. Robb can't make two good decisions in a row. Honestly, I'm starting to feel glad he's gonna get slaughtered.

"Herp derp, I spat in this guy's face and I'm completely sure he'll be cool with making a bad business decision. This totally won't blow up in my face." Really?

Where's Bran?
More time spent with the wildling army?
More time spent developing Dany's stuff? Letting her soldiers pick names is NOT a necessary bit of storyline. Wasted film more like it. Yes, they're free, we get it already. Get on with it. I do realize it was a necessary bit in order to introduce Grey Worm, but it felt a bit clunky.

Loved the part where Arya loses her shit and flies at Sandor with a dagger. In conjunction with her musings on resurrecting her dad, it was some of the best acting in the whole episode. Again, Maisie saves the show.

Other than that, HOORAY FOR JAIME AND BRIENNE BUTTS! Looking forward to more of their story.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Lena Headey's mugging is one of the best parts of the series.

This isn't supposed to be some understated, realistic John Le Carre drama. GRRM's works have always been more Titus Andronicus than Honourable Schoolboy, IMO. (not saying they're not really well-written, etc!)

p.s. I also like Littlefingers's hilariously overdone emotions, so bite me.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Yeah, but in this case, I think her mugging is over the top. There's a major difference between highlighting that she's a bitch and poor acting.

For example, in BSG Ed Olmos' furrowed brow and near-constant frown are good indicators of Adama's dour demeanor and being a stressed leader. In Headey's case, the Jim Carey-like eyebrow exercises make her more serious scenes somewhat comical and detract from her overall performance.

I like Littlefinger's emoting as well. He does a great job of acting as a character who is acting for the other characters while trying to hide the fact that he's acting, yet still giving away the fact that he's only doing this in order to look out for #1

Don't even get me started on Snow's fly-catching, open-mouth, blank stare and complete lack of emotion beyond surprise and sadness. We catch glimpses of him doing a good job of being an actor here and there, like when he was threatening the Warg this episode, but the rest of the time he looks like a gob.

CaptainWacky

5.3 million viewers for the first airing. Growing strong.

Cock

Yeah, but in this case, I think her mugging is over the top. There's a major difference between highlighting that she's a bitch and poor acting.

For example, in BSG Ed Olmos' furrowed brow and near-constant frown are good indicators of Adama's dour demeanor and being a stressed leader. In Headey's case, the Jim Carey-like eyebrow exercises make her more serious scenes somewhat comical and detract from her overall performance.

I like Littlefinger's emoting as well. He does a great job of acting as a character who is acting for the other characters while trying to hide the fact that he's acting, yet still giving away the fact that he's only doing this in order to look out for #1

Don't even get me started on Snow's fly-catching, open-mouth, blank stare and complete lack of emotion beyond surprise and sadness. We catch glimpses of him doing a good job of being an actor here and there, like when he was threatening the Warg this episode, but the rest of the time he looks like a gob.
is he related to that chick from snow white?

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Kristen Stewart. Yeah, those two would be a perfect match.

I just did a google image search for both of them and the faces they make are pretty much the same.

Try it. His name is Kit Harington.

Cock

Yeah, well, I wasn't happy with his selection. Jon is supposed to be angular and dark.. Kit is a little doughy and pale. jon is my favorite character in the whole lot, too.

or WAS! goddamn GRRM, you cock, how could you kill him!? He better fucking rise up right in the beginning of book six.... you great fat arse!