Game Of Thrones (tv series) ongoing discussion thread (WITH TRAILER)

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
They weren't as complicated a story and the tv versions changed a lot from the books whereas Game Of Thrones will be following them almost exactly HUH HUH UH HUH.

I think Game of Thrones will be more enjoyable because I didn't read the books. I won't know what I'm missing or not missing.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That's true, it's one of the reasons I don't like Dune adaptations, I can always tell when they get it WRONG. Fortunately I've only read Game of Thrones once and a long time ago, so I probably won't notice any variations.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well I don't mind if they change stuff since obviously they'll have to because it's a tv show not a book. If they have Ned riding a tank and turn Tyrion into a robot then I'll complain.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
I'm gonna pee my pantses!

CaptainWacky

Should we start a new thread for new discussion of the show after the first episode for new people to post new thoughts? Or a new thread for EVERY EPISODE like someone (Tisi?) posted for True Blood last year? Or something!?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Hey! LoL.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
I momentarily wished that I was a girl so that I could be justifiably outraged by that review.

it has passed.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
ALSO, so you could have a pair of MASSIVE TITS.

CaptainWacky

Hot fantasy loving girls are hot!

Tisiphone

Luckily I'm already equipped with the massive tits, so I can be outraged for all of us.

And did I miss the NYT review?

Tisiphone

Ok, found the NYT review. Person can go suck a fuck.

CaptainWacky

I'll start a new thread for the first episode and if there's enough discussion I'll start a new one ever week okay.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Best Thing About 'Game of Thrones'? The Way Peter Dinklage Says 'Bastard'

By John Sellers
Published: May 02, 2011 @ 10:10 am

HBO's "Game of Thrones" adaptation has become a major hit due to its twisted storylines and mind-bending cliffhangers. But a not insignificant chunk of its success can be chalked up to the sterling performance put in each week by Peter Dinklage.

Despite his diminutive stature, the actor towers above his fellow castmates as Tyrion Lannister, partly due to Dinklage's knack for enunciating his lines with a puckish glee befitting a character nicknamed "The Imp."

Our favorite weapon in Dinklage's arsenal so far? The way he utters the word "bastard," something he does with shocking abandon.

We're not sure if the man pronounces "bastard" in the clipped, faux British way he does because he was directed to do so or if it's because he says it that way in real life. All we care is that he continues to make Jon Snow's life miserable by doing so.
There's also an embedded video on the page with examples.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's FITTING that Peter Dinklage is the stand out actor since Tyrion is the stand out character. I can't wait to see how some of the later battle scenes play out. The Imp is also a bad ass.

CaptainWacky

He does say "bastard" a lot.

Tisiphone

I've had a crush on Peter Dinklage since The Station Agent, so it's nice to see him in the spotlight again.

CaptainWacky

Posted online: MAY 3, 2011 11:14 AM ET

'GAME OF THRONES' ratings RISE for first time!

HBO should kill a wolf every week!

Despite the previous week’s untimely direwolf death that rankled some viewers, HBO’s Game of Thrones rose in the ratings for the first time Sunday night. The show’s Sunday’s 9 p.m. airing was seen by 2.4 million, up from the past two weeks’ 2.2 million.
Combined with the 11 p.m. airing, the show climbed to 3.1 million viewers, well above the previous benchmark of 2.9 million. Meanwhile Thrones premiere episode has climbed up to 8.7 million viewers via all the HBO platforms. Needless to say, this is exactly what HBO was hoping to see.

Full article at:

'Game of Thrones' ratings rise for first time! | Inside TV | EW.com

And that was against the Obama announcing Osama (did I get that the right way round, BDM?) death thing.